Chapter Seventeen: Admit

"Can you please calm down for a second?!" I heard Anna yell to me as I trudged down the dimly lit hallway of the bar, the bass thumping in the background. "No actually," I snarled, "I'm too busy being completely made a fool of." Anna grabbed my wrist and yanked me back towards her, instantly grabbing my face and planting a hard kiss on my mouth before I could protest.

I felt her warm lips continue to move against mine as I kept my mouth cold and firm; I didn't want to give in so easily. But Anna knew me too well, she knew my weaknesses. She cupped my chin in her hands, and with a soft hot breathe leaned down to my ear, "I love you." She murmured against my ear.

I felt the warmth of her breathe tingle down my neck as my entire body shivered with excitement, I couldn't stay mad at her.

"I love you too Anna," I said with a sigh, "but please, don't keep me in the dark." She frowned and looked down at her shoes, "Heather it was so long ago.." She repeated, for at least the fifth time that night. I brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and pulled her face up to look at me, "please." I pleaded, my eyes welling up.

"Ugh, fine." She said, giving in. She entwined her fingers with mine and lead me down the dark hallway until we reached a wooden door on the right. Turning the handle, I was greeted with the strong sent of candles and vanilla cupcakes. The tiny room was lit with white Christmas lights around the top of the ceiling, and was cramped with two suede couches and a mini fridge.

"When I first started coming here I became friends with the owner," Anna began, turning on the flat screen TV, "and she showed me this hall. Each room is kind of like a secret chill-out spot for the most frequent people here. And this one, is mine." She finished, gesturing to the space.

I looked the walls up and a down, a light shade of violet, the end tables holding tons of candles, and the soft lighting from the lights illuminating Anna's face: it was perfect.

She sat down on the couch, and patted the spot next to her, "come here." I walked over and say down next to her, throwing my legs over her lap, "story time." She chuckled lightly at my bad attempt to make a joke, and kissed my cheek softly, "I want you to promise that no matter what I tell you, you won't be mad." I nodded and gave her a light peck on the lips, "I promise."

She took a deep breathe and closed her eyes, "well, this is how it all started."