Chapter Nine: Reunion

"Is this the last one?" Anna asked me as she loaded the final box into her trunk. "Yep, that's it!" I called over my shoulder. I had no clue where I was going to live after being kicked out of my own home, but I knew I had to find somewhere.

I watched out the passenger window as the California scenery flew by my eyes, "where are we going?" I asked, looking at Anna quizzically. She grinned and kept her eyes focused on the road ahead of her, "you'll see".

We drove through the city and turned towards the mountains. I haven't been up here since I was three; mom never allowed us to go to the mountains, and I have no idea why. We kept driving up the twisting roads, the cliff to our left and the mountains surrounding us, "it's beautiful." I whispered, taking in the view around me. Anna smiled, grabbing my hand with her free hand, "like you."

After ten quick minutes of driving, we pulled off the main road, and into what appeared as a driveway. The entrance had huge stone gates on their side, with a voice box to the left. Anna pressed the "call" button and we heard a voice say, "name?"

"Anna Rein." She spoke clearly into the small box. Automatically; the hate opened, revealing a long winding road. I gawked at the sight of the perfectly trimmed shrubs and the vivid green lawn. This place looked like it belonged to royalty.

As we pulled up to what I assumed was a home, my jaw dropped. The huge grey stone estate gleaned in the sun. The garage had two Lamborghini's, a Porsche, and my dream car-- a shiny black range rover. "Whose house is this?!" I asked in awe. I've never seen such an extravagant home in my life. "You'll see." Anna said grinning.

A man wearing a blue blazer, white v-neck, and dark red skinny jeans opened the huge front doors, "well hello ladies!" He said smiling, "we've been expecting you." His dark brown hair had a touch of grey on the sides, and his facial hair was trimmed into a neat goatee; he couldn't have been any older than fifty. "You're Anna I presume?" The man said smiling and shaking Anna's hand. "That's me. And this is--"

"Heather, of course. She looks just like him." The man interrupted. I look just like who? What was he talking about? "We're so glad to have you here Heather." The man said, squeezing my hand and smiling at me. "Glad to be here." I replied, smiling back at him.

He lead us into the living room, which was painted a deep red. The high ceiling had a beautiful full crystal chandelier hanging from it. It was magnificent.

"Take a seat any where you'd like ladies." The man said gesturing at the white leather couches, "he'll be right out." I took a seat next to Anna and leaned over towards her, "what's going on?!" I whispered in her ear, "and who are we waiting for?!" She grinned as she was looking at something behind me, and nodded in that direction. I turned my body to see what she was looking at, and my jaw dropped.

"Hi Heather."