Until I Sleep - Part 1

Patchouli: It's been much more quiet around here....

Koakuma: I know what you mean. It hasn't even been a day and the mansion has felt less lively.

The magician sighed to herself as she placed a few backs back onto their rightful spots.

Patchouli: Perhaps I should have allowed him to leave with one of these as a parting gift.

Koakuma: Or perhaps a reminder for him to eventually come back and return the book.

Koakuma let a nervous laugh escape since she wasn't so sure if Patchouli enjoyed the small joke. However, she hears a light giggle from her master which brought a smile to the familiar.

Koakuma: I never would of thought that you would laugh.

Patchouli: (Y/N) always suggested for me to erm... "Take it easy" every once in a while... *Sigh* I'll sure miss his presence...

Flashback

Patchouli: Back again, so soon.

(Y/N): I forgot to grab a couple more... I've been studying magic so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Only issue is that it's been pretty tough to find something for a beginner.

Patchouli was quite intrigued by your interest in magic, so she immediately began to search for a book in the shelf in front of her.

Patchouli: You're not going to learn anything from picking one at random. Here, this should suffice as a beginner's guide.

The magician retrieved a rather large book from the shelf, however, she never realized the shear weight from the book until she began to fall back. Unfortunately, she felt a sudden loss of energy and began to feel fatigue from her anemia.

Patchouli: Oh no!

She immediately dropped the heavy back and practically fell backwards. Her body never fell to the ground as you were able to catch her in time.

(Y/N): I've got you! You alright?

Patchouli: *heavy breathing* I'm sorry... My anemia is acting up...

(Y/N): O-oh! Right, I'll carry you to your room.

Patchouli: I-I can walk...

(Y/N): Nope! You need to take it easy every once in a while, otherwise you won't be so lucky.

You weren't allowing the magician to walk in her current state so you immediately settled on carrying the woman towards her room. She knew that you weren't going to let her walk so she decided to rest in your arms as you walked across the halls of the mansion.

Patchouli: ... T-thank you...

(Y/N): You're quite welcome. Just remember to get some rest whenever you're feeling ill again.

End of Flashback

The magician mentally sighed in delight as the memory of her resting in your arms replayed itself in her mind. She never realized her own light blush until Koakuma interrupted her daydreaming.

Koakuma: Are you feeling alright? Do I need to get some help?!

Patchouli: O-oh, I-I... That isn't necessary, just get back to work!

Elsewhere....

You slowly opened your eyes as the sun light nearly blinded your eyes, so you decided to close your eyelids and reached for your sunglasses.

???: Here you go!

Someone handed you your sunglasses, which you appreciated since you were currently unaware of the residents in your "new home*.