The Trial of Guts - Finale

(Y/N): Sorry, Reimu...! Something about this just sounds exciting enough to take it on myself!

After giving the others the slip, you were quickly breezed through the bamboo forest in hopes to reach your goal. However, you felt an overwhelming presence quickly approach from all directions as you ran across the forest.

(Y/N): Fairies!

You immediately jumped and twisted in midair as a pair of fairies nearly pincered your legs. While in the air, you tossed a couple of bullet-like projectiles at the two fairies, defeating them instantly. Upon landing, you looked around to notice that you were completely surrounded by an army of fairies.

(Y/N): Wonder if this is Keine's doing... Or Kaguya's... I guess it won't matter much...

You stood your ground for a few seconds until one fairy decided to lead the charge. Every other fairy followed on instinct and all of them practically closed in on your position as if they were starting a dog pile. Once all of them practically crashed into each other, they practically fell unconscious from the constant impacts.

Meanwhile, you somehow walked into view and looked at the small mountain of unconscious fairies.

(Y/N): Nice. Another brawl avoided.

You lightly chuckled before walking away from the scene and eventually began to run through the bamboo forest.

After a while of running from the avoided fights, you quickly returned to walking once it felt as if you were far enough from the others.

(Y/N): Seriously... How the hell do I even navigate through this place?!

Even if you were unable to regain your sense of direction, you continued walking and began to ponder about the previous events.

(Y/N): *sigh* Gonna have to think of a way to apologize to Keine... Again...

After what seemed like an eternity of walking through the bamboo forest, you arrived at a small clearing. The first thing you noticed was the damages that covered the area as if a battle had occured.

(Y/N): *whistle* Wow, wonder what happened here?

You stepped into the clearing to investigate the damages in order to make a guess as to what had occurred.... That is until you felt a presence approaching fast!

(Y/N): Hm?

From the sky, a ball of fire crash landed a few feet away from your position. You were surprised by the sudden arrival as the flames were quickly blown away by a pair of flaming wings. The fire quickly died down and a woman with long white hair, adorned with a red and white bow, was revealed as she shifted from a sliding position into a standing position.

You were simply in awe as the woman's flaming wings quickly disappeared before she brought her attention to you.

???: So, are you lost?

As usual, you couldn't help but admire her beauty as she gave you a slightly concerned look until her eyes began to narrow in realization. Her expression slightly changed as she thought of another reason as to why you were "aimlessly" wandering the bamboo forest and her eyes slightly flickered, as if she were giving you a small warning. You simply stood your ground and refused to show any possible sign of weakness as the both of you stared each other down until she broke the silence with another small fire flickering from her eyes.

???: Or are you here for somethin' else?

(Y/N): *in thought* So this is it, huh? She definitely seems like the fighter type...!

???: ... You even there?

You snapped out of your thoughts and realized that you were basically staring at her during your inner thoughts.