Until I Sleep - Part 4

???: *Whispers* Lucius...

It was currently the middle of the night for the white haired woman, known as Lucius. Her eyes shot open upon hearing the feint calls of someone trying to get her attention. She currently stayed in bed as she felt herself grow more cold that usual in a room with heat.

Lucius: ... Leave me alone...

???: *Whisper* Come find me...

The same image of the mysterious blade haunted her mind as she made an attempt to return to sleep. However, she felt her heart rate began to speed up so she decided to move out of bed and walk towards the restroom. Once she was inside, she began lightly splash water in her face and closed the faucet. After drying herself off with a towel, she looked in the mirror and was immediately startled by the appearance of her eyes. The sclera of her eyes were pitch black and her iris were glowing red.

Reimu: You okay?

Lucius: I-I.... Yeah.

Hoping that it was her imagination, she opened the door to the hallway but was immediately impaled by a strange blade. The only thing she remembered was Reimu's eyes glowing the same color...

Hakurei

Lucius: *gasps*

Lucius immediately awakened from her nightmare and quickly arose from the futon.

Lucius: A dream...! A dream.

The white haired woman began to take deep breaths while attempting to soothe her thoughts. Once she had finally calmed herself, she began to prepare for the day since it is already morning. Taking a look out the window, she began to realize that the snow was still lingering.

Lucius: Strange... And we're nearing the end of April...

She began her day with a bath and dressed herself in her usual outfit, this time including gloves, a scarf, and another layer of a coat. She also wore boots that would help her traverse the thick snow since the shrine grounds was covered in a layer of snow. Once she was ready, she took a step outside and grabbed a shovel from a nearby shed in order to clear a path.

Lucius: I don't understand how it's still this cold. *Sigh* It's really tiring to shovel this much snow everyday.

She scanned the area and sighed to herself, once more, since it was going to be another tiresome morning.

Marisa: Yo!

Lucius looked up to find the ordinary magician flying in with her broom. It was a sight that still made her feel uneasy but she knew well that this was a completely different world than her own.

Lucius: Good morning.

Marisa: Morning! Hey, you seen Reimu?

Lucius: I imagine that she's still asleep.

Marisa: And so you're the one doing the heavy lifting, da ze!

Lucius: At this point, yes. This odd weather that we've been having practically forced us to stay inside to keep warm.

Marisa: I hear ya, da ze! It should already be spring by now! This has definitely gotta be the work of some Youkai!

Nearby, there were a group of fairies causing mischief amongst each other while the two of them were speaking.

Marisa: See what I mean? We need to figure out what's going on and fast!

???: Ah, so you have noticed as well.

A third presence made itself known as the both of them turned towards the shrine gates. Lucius watched as a silver haired woman, wearing a maid outfit with some more covering to keep herself warm, approached the both of them.