Within the Shadow - Finale

Remilia: I'm going out!

A fuming Remilia walked towards the mansion gate, allowing Meiling to turn around and grow nervous from the sudden pressure.

Meiling: Eh? What about the others?!

Remilia: Leave them be. It's become apparent that this enemy has grown powerful by taking the life from our fairy maids. Besides... I'm not going to let him get away by hurting our family.

The gatekeeper couldn't help but feel amazed by the vampire's words as she watched her walk away into the fields. Luckily, the sun has nearly finished setting to allow enough shade for Remilia to walk comfortably.

Hakurei Shrine

Reimu: *sigh* Yup, that idiot went out on his own!

Marisa: Eh?! Does he really think he can win this?

Patchouli: Admittedly, it's quite dangerous for him to take on this adversary.

Patchouli took a small sip from the tea that Reimu has prepared for her. The silver haired maid walked inside of the shrine to inform the others of your plan.

Sakuya: I'm worried myself however, we need to stay alert. I know it's been difficult considering our losses but rest assured, he doesn't intend to fight alone.

Youmu: So he had a plan?

Sakuya: Yes... Whether or not this escalates into another fight, we need to be on the lookout for his signal.

Reimu: I see...

Alice: If only we knew of Luci's family...

With You

You were currently resting in the darkened woods with night to illuminate your path however, the blood flowing on your veins granted you the ability to see clearly in the dark. The previous event has left you shaken but the need to end this current incident has kept you moving forward.

(Y/N): I don't even know where the hell I'm going...

As if someone sensed your loneliness, you felt the familiar presence suddenly appear.

(Y/N): ... I'll admit that I went ahead on my own just to have some time to myself... I'm not sure if I'm fully aware with what I'm doing right now... It feels as if I'm losing the ones I loved before I came here... My best friend, my ex... I still had some feelings for her but I only wanted the best for her while we were here in Gensokyo.

Your hands were shaking as you sat in your makeshift seat and slowly began to cry. Without warning, you felt the warm embrace of Yukari wrap around you, allowing you to cry on her shoulder.

Yukari: I'm so sorry (Y/N)! If only I wasn't so careless...!

After a brief moment, you eventually separated in order to regain your thoughts.

Yukari: At the time, we were shocked by the sudden surge that I ended up lowering my guard... I'm so sorry!

(Y/N): Don't be... Nobody was expecting for everything to happen.

Fortunately, your emotions were back in order however, you were still stricken with grief.

(Y/N): I don't know what the hell this guys even wants. I'm only trying to put an end to this so nobody else ends up in the same situation.

Yukari: ... Very well... He's currently waiting at the top of a cliff overlooking the human village... Please, be careful.

Your only reply was a simple nod before too flight and flew towards the human village.