Until I Sleep - Part 3

(Y/N): Seriously... You told me it wasn't that strong...!

???: Heh, guess it isn't as strong to my taste.

At the moment, you were pounding your chest and trying to breathe as the drink burned on its way into your stomach.

(Y/N): Can't believe you actually drink this stuff. It tastes like paint thinner!

Your old friend laughed before taking a sip of his own drink, unfazed by the powerful taste as it slowly disappeared from the glass.

(Y/N): I don't know how you do it.

???: Not much of a drinker?

(Y/N): Nope. Maybe a few beers every now and then but never any hard liquor. Which reminds...

You waved your hands to the bar tender that overheard your conversation and placed a filled mug in front of you.

(Y/N): Thanks.

???: *Chuckle* Least you were able to keep a good on your shoulders.

(Y/N): Eh, I've had some differences in the past.

???: Believe me, the both of us have had our differences.

(Y/N): ... Yeah...

There was a silence between the both of you until your old friend broke the silence.

???: I never did apologize about that huh...

(Y/N): No need...

???: ... Yeah... I was too paranoid... The both of us would constantly argue when we were alone and I guess... I was afraid of the inevitable... How is she?

(Y/N): ... She moved away right after high school. Said she couldn't handle the pressure of the thought of being away... Guess you could call it mutual but I was the one that didn't want to let go

???: ... I see... Even after taking your side...

You lightly shook your head from the memory before finishing the rest of your drink, however you drank from the whiskey that was given to you. The alcoholic beverage was enough to drown the memory however, you were reminded of the awful taste.

(Y/N): It isn't so bad. I've been keeping busy. After college, I decided to take a job, move out and here I am... I kind of enjoy my work, in fact I met a girl because of this job.

???: Cute?

(Y/N): Beautiful. Didn't think I've seen a woman like her in all my life.

???: What's the story so far?

(Y/N): Well... Bit of a regular. Earlier today, she asked for some baking ingredients and I gladly rung her up. Finally mustered up the courage to ask her out for a date and umm... She said yes, so she will meet with once I'm off tomorrow's shift, right outside my work place.

???: Not picking her up?

You only shrugged from the question since you were unable to answer.

(Y/N): Never gave me an address in the first place. It was her suggestion so I just went with it.

???: Well, that's one way to get it done.

You let out a small laugh as another round of drinks was placed in front you and your old friend.

Bartender: Courtesy of the gentleman over there.

Your friend turned to the direction to where the bartender was looking towards, only for him to freeze in fear.

Bartender: He also said for you to have a seat with him once you've finished your drinks.

The bartender only walked away to serve the other customers their drinks.