Chapters Within the Afterlife pt. 1

....
......
........

Where am I...?

Lucius's eyes quickly snapped open upon hearing her own voice. Her vision was still blurry however, she could easily tell that her current resting spot was definitely something completely different than the ground itself.

Mustering every bit of strength she could find, the white haired woman slowly rose from her spot and carefully back on her feet. It didn't take long for her to lose her balance as her right foot slipped on something that easily rolled to the side. Her body screamed in pain for a moment however, it was quite different than feeling pain from before...

As time quickly passed, her vision slowly returned and she quickly discovered that she was resting on a pile of skeletons. She quickly panicked and scrambled off of the pile to fall to the dirt floor.

Lucius: W-What?!?! Wh-where am I?!

Fear immediately took over as her surroundings were littered with piles of skeletons spread across an open field. The entire lighting was red orange and blue as she looked around.

Lucius: This isn't right...! Reimu? Anyone!

There was no answer as the scenery seemed to stretch on for miles without a single soul in sight. However, she quickly took notice of a figure that stood at the peak of another pile of bones. It was distant so she was unable to make out the identity of the mysterious stranger however, she noticed that the helmet was covered in feathers as it slowly turned to her direction. The face was covered in shadows however, the figure quickly turned into the shape of a small bird and quickly flew away.

Strange Voice: Geez, he got here not too long ago and he's already going to the Animal Realm.

Lucius was startled by the sudden entrant as she quickly turned around to find a black bird resting on a human skull. The bird resembled a common raven however, there noticeable parts on its wings that were glowing from blue to gold to purple.

Strange Bird: Do I got flesh on my beak or something? Come on, why are you staring?

Her eye twitched from the distorted male voice as it stared directly into her soul.

Lucius: It's not everyday I see a talking bird.

Strange Bird: *groans* I should have eaten you while you were still out.

Lucius: Maybe you should have...

Strange Bird: Nah, thought I'd turn a new leaf. Besides, it gets pretty boring when you're all alone in hell.

The words struck Lucius as she quickly regained her memories before waking up in this current location.

Lucius: *in thoughts* .... So this is hell...

The woman shook her head to clear her thoughts before falling to the floor on her knees.

Strange Bird: Good grief, I've seen this one too many times! I get it! "I shouldn't belong here! I was a good person! Blah blah blah!" Well guess what kiddo-

Lucius: No you're right... I definitely belong here...!

Strange Bird: Oh well this a first! So what'd you do?

Lucius: ... I don't want to get into it right now...

The black bird landed beside the woman as it grew interested into her past.

Strange Bird: But you will tell me... Eventually?

Lucius: Are you sure you want to stick around me?

Strange Bird: I've got nothing better to do anyway. I tried making friends with that warrior guy but he ended up taking off to the Animal Realm for who knows! Come on, whaddya say? You're not gonna leave an old Hell Raven like me behind, are ya?

The woman was quite hesitant in making her decision however, the strange creature could prove useful in navigating Hell.

Lucius: ... Fine... I could use the company as well.

Strange Bird: That's more like it!

The hell raven quickly jumped onto her shoulder and began stretching its wings before resting itself. The bird was quite light, despite it being slightly larger than her head when it's wings are tucked in.

Strange Bird: Just stay on your toes when you're walking around this area, there's some nasty spirits lingering about.

Lucius: I'll keep that in mind... What do I call you anyways?

Strange Bird: ... Huh... I don't even remember my name... Wait did I even have one?

Lucius: How about just Raven?

Strange Bird: A little too simple, don't you think?

Lucius: Do you have anything better?

Raven: Okay, okay Raven it is!

Lucius only lightly smiled from her companion accepting the name only for her to stop for a minute to think about her situation.

Come find me...

Her eyes widened as she felt a sudden chill when a familiar whisper echoed in her thoughts. The images of a katana dug into the fiery ground with a city, in the same form of lighting, in the distance.

Raven: Do you have any idea where you're going?

Lucius: ... Any cities nearby?

Raven: Not one that I can think of... Why do you need to go to a city anyways? Only one that I would know would be in Former Hell but that's quite the journey without the right help.

Lucius: ... Something is calling out to me and I want to know answers.

Raven: Erm... Eh, why not? You got any fight in ya?

Lucius: Not really. Before coming down here, I was only human without any powers.

Raven: Oh geez... This is gonna be a rough one.

Lucius's chapter will be continued at another time....