Untold Parallel Existence I

Untold Parallel Existence will be a series of short stories held in alternate timelines...

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

You were groaning from the loud alarm as you slowly crawled out of your bed. Your instincts forced you to stand up, walk to the other side of your room and turn off the alarm.

(Y/N): *yawns* Oh right...

You looked at the calendar, above your clock, and realized that it wasn't a school day however...

(Y/N): Might as well start getting ready. Definitely not going to be late for this one...!

In the past, you were known for arriving late when it came to spending time with friends. Of course, you have always blamed the fact that they usually choose the earliest time to meet since you loved to sleep in after a night of staying awake so late. Luckily, this specific meetup was set at a later time and you were quite happy with this once due to the fact that you were meeting with someone very special.

After some time had passed, you were fully dressed and ready to leave. Without any hesitation, you opened your door and quickly ran down the small set of stairs before reaching the door.

(Y/N): I'm heading out, mom!

You exited the small home with haste before your mother even peeked her head from the hallway to find the front door quickly closing.

Once you were outside, you immediately grabbed your phone from your pocket to check for any messages. Most of the new notifications were from some of your close friends however, you found the one that you were expecting.

(Y/N): "On my way to the meeting spot!" ... Sent five minutes ago... Damn, better hurry!

Putting the phone back in your pocket, you began to quickly walk towards your destination. Unbeknownst to you, a small insect decided to hitch a ride on your coat as it slowly crawled down from a web.

15 Minutes Later

After exiting the railway system, you continued your fast pace and eventually arrived in front of a small restaurant.

(Y/N): *phew* Made it... Man... If only there was a faster way to get here than using a train.

You only took a glimpse of the nearby tall buildings which only made you smile.

(Y/N): Oh man, that'd be the day...!

???: What would be the day?

You were startled by the surprise as a voice spoke directly next to your ear. A soft giggle was heard as you turned around to find the person that you were expecting.

(Y/N): S-Sanae!

A green haired girl stood before you in am outfit that was much more casual than you were used to seeing. Most of the time, you have only seen her in her school uniform or her shrine maiden outfit so it was quite the difference.

Anyways, you were lightly blushing knowing that the girl of your dreams, Sanae Kochiya, agreed to meet with you.

(Y/N): Did I, by any chance, make you wait?

Sanae: No, I just arrived!

You were relieved that you arrived in time however, it was quite difficult for you to keep things in motion since you were struggling to find words.

Sanae: *sniff* The aroma from the restaurant smells really nice. Shall we head inside?

(Y/N): O-oh of course! Woah!

You were immediately shocked to realize that the green haired girl has decided to take you by the hand and brought you inside the small restaurant. Once inside, the both of you quickly chose a spot and took your seats.