Lou

The night I spent with Lou wasn't just a night. It happened again and again. We spent the rest of the week swapping beds in secret, Tammy kept giving us knowing looks but the others were more focused on the excitement of catching up.

Constance was the last to arrive. We were all sat around about to listen to Lou's bright idea when someone knocked on the door. We all looked at each other confused, this wasn't the kind of place that random people came knocking.
"Oh I ordered pizza guys" Constance said when we all froze.
"I'll get it" I was closest to the door and headed into the other room.
Seconds later I came storming back through, "you have got to be fucking kidding me" I stormed passed everyone and headed to my room I needed to pack my bags. Lou tried to grab my wrist as I kept walking but stopped in her tracks when she realised a few steps behind me was the one and only Debbie Ocean.

I could hear raised voices as I aggressively shoved clothes in my bag.
"She was worried about you Debbie" Lou was going off.
"What do you mean it was the only way to get us back together" oh there was Rose; I didn't have her down as a shouter, "you didn't even try and ask!"
"No instead you freak your daughter out and send her on a wild goose chase looking for me?" Lou sounded really mad, "I don't care if it's the job of the century it's not fair on her...you used her Deb"
They lowered their voices so I couldn't hear anymore.

There was a light knock on my door, "hey you..." I sat on my bed and looked at Lou.
"You know I was 3 the first time she used me for a job?" I sighed, "it's always been her way. Using me for something and now it was for this. I swear I really thought she was missing" I hung my head and felt Lou sit next to me.
She rubbed my back and just sat with me for a while, "no wonder you have mommy issues" she joked and I tried not to smile, "look it's just how she is...and we're all here now so we can listen to her stupid plan and anyway I'd kinda like it if you stuck around a bit longer anyway." She tilted my head up and kissed me on the mouth hard until I was whimpering for more. "Later baby girl" she whispered and pulled me back to the main room.

I sat next to Tammy and away from Lou.
"Good choice" she chuckled under heat breath. "Debbie would spot the way you two cling onto each other in 10 seconds"
"Shut up" I grumbled at Tammy. She was right of course. Me and Lou were the worst kept secret ever

My mum had another big plan. I think she'd been watching too much money heist because her bright idea was breaking into the national bank. I was sure everyone would say no and would be pissed off about her tricking them. I was so wrong!

Lou was the only one who didn't look convinced.
"Debbie, I'm happy with my life now. I don't need anything else" I could of sworn her gaze paused on me for a second, "I don't need more money. This is a job for your ego"
My mum wasn't listening, "one last job for old times sake guys. It'll be funny, I've got it all worked out. I just needed my team, thanks kiddo" she said patting my back. I rolled my eyes, I clearly wasn't even included in the plan. I'd just been a pawn in the game.
"I'm going out" I stood up and stalked towards the door. I headed to a little bar on the beach. It was quiet and empty. Just what I needed. Don't get my wrong my mums been good to me, I've never really had to work a job I didn't like, my bank balance is always healthy and I have a cute little flat. But all that aside she was a terrible parent, she's kinda selfish.

I was admiring the sunset and debating my next move when her and Lou arrived to break up my peace. They were giggling together about something when they sat at my table.
"What?" I asked unimpressed.
"We've been talking and I think...I mean we think you should be in on the heist" Lou said looking at me, "you can help with my side of things"
"Yeah it'll be fun darling" Debbie said looking for the waiter, "ooo he's cute don't you think?" Beckoning him over. She ordered drinks for the table and then turned back to me raising an eyebrow. "Bit old for love bites aren't we darling?"
It took a second to realise what she meant and then I remembered Lou had been sucking on my neck a few hours before she arrived. I pulled my jacket a bit higher up my neck not that there was any point now.

"So whose the lucky man...or woman. What is it you're into these days?" She asked and without waiting for an answer spun to Lou, "I would of hoped you'd keep her out of trouble Lou!"
I laughed nervously and looked to Lou for help.
"Give the girl some privacy Debbie, you sound like your mother" Lou smirked at me and my mum.
"Oh god we're not that Lou! Don't compare me to my mom!" Debbie took a big drink at the thought.
"Hey I'm not as old as you! Don't say "we"" Lou countered. It was nice listening to them back and forth, they'd been friends for years, I'm pretty sure Lou had spent more time with my mum than I had.
I felt relaxed as we headed back up to Lou's house. That night I didn't expect Lou to visit my room but she did.