1·0

I woke up the next morning with a groan and a hand to my forehead

I woke up the next morning with a groan and a hand to my forehead. At first, I almost freaked when I couldn't recognize the bedroom I was in, but then realization slowly washed down on me so I relaxed a little.

Somehow, in the course of the night, someone had draped a blanket over me. The said blanket was currently bunched up at my waist due to the fact that I was sitting. The part of the bed where james was supposed to be was empty, the blanket there thrown aside in a manner that told me he'd been eager to leave the bed.

I ran my fingers through my hair and cursed under my breath. James'room was dark, as per usual. He'd never liked waking up to sun rays seeping in from the curtains.

Throwing aside the blanket so my side matched James' side, I rolled out of the familiar bed that had become foreign due to this strange emptiness I felt.

My phone, where was it?

I checked the bedside table and the dresser, then released a relieved breath when I found it under My pillow. I couldn't remember if I was the one who put it there though, but that was the least of my problems.

As it appeared, Kong probably thought I'd been kidnapped or missing because displayed across the screen of my phone was a single notification for all the seventy eight messages I'd gotten from him. And they all had a single vibe. Panic.

From: Kong

Why youwana lesvr niw?????

11:14pm

Aveey im soooooo super duper drunk af rn I love you btw u knw?

12:43am

I fought the urge to snort out a round of wild laughter at this. Log always went into text typing mode when he was drunk. Great to know he hadn't ditched me at the party.

Around this part was where the panic actually began. I had a feeling all these texts where from this morning even before checking the time I'd received them.

Are you okay?

Fuck, Avery! I'm so sorry. Call me when you see this

Where are you, Avery?

Wait. Are you dead?

Avery! Call me. I'm panicking here in case you haven't noticed.

Why's your phone not reachable?