1·4

There was really no good enough way to describe it

There was really no good enough way to describe it. I was terrified to the marrow. As Adam's cool yet piercing brown gaze landed on me, I was positively shaking in the knees and dying of all the anxiety.

Oh well. At least I'd finally see what the worst was that could happen.

Adam took a step towards us. I took a step back, giving Kong room to step in front of me.

Okay, maybe I didn't want to find out.

"Why don't you go pick on someone else, Adam. No one wants you here," snarled Kong. And for someone who was facing a man of muscle like Adam, I had to commend him.

Both men glared at each other, an evident hatred hanging in the air between them. Kong's hands were balled into tight fists making me fear that he'd throw a punch soon. Adam opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. A hand on Kong's shoulder.

"It's fine Kong," I tried to reassure both him and myself. Kong watched me over his shoulder and furrowed his brows, like he was trying to figure something out. "I'll meet you at the parking lot entrance."

No one moved a muscle, save for Kong who said, "You don't have to put up with him."

Adam laughed from where he stood. "She actually does, Asia."

"You know, it's pretty dumb to name someone after an entire continent. One would think you packed some brains with all that," Kong said, turning to Adam and motioning towards his body.

The latter grinned flashing his dimples. Then he winked. "I'll take that as a compliment, Asia."

A muscle in Kong's jaw ticked and he took a threatening step forward. I grabbed his wrist on instinct and tugged his attention back to me. "I'll be there in five minutes. I promise."

He didn't reply, instead he flicked his blue gaze between Adam and I. Then, letting an incomprehensible complaint erupt from the back of his throat, he walked away.

Once he was gone, Adam turned to me. His smile had vanished into thin air and his stare now had a cold iciness to it. I fought the urge to run away, digging my heels into the ground to prevent such.

"Avery, one week is over." I was well aware of that. Too aware if you asked me.

Adam searched my expression for a moment before folding his arms across each other and straightening to his full height. If I weren't a girl, the action seemed quite threatening. Like make-one-mistake-and-I'll-make-you-pay kind of threatening.

I swallowed.

"I know."

His icy stare intensified. "And you're yet to fix the issues you got me in."

"I know."

"I don't think you're aware of how bad this could go for you." His tone turned sharper, obviously ticked off by my answers. I decided to not anger him too much.