Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"Luke, what is it?" I asked.

Luke isn't letting me remove my hand, and I couldn't catch what's under there. I didn't miss the tingles coursing through my body either.

"Promise me you won't tell my mom." he pleaded. For a second, he looked like a kid, I could only stare.

"Is that what you're worried about? Fine, I won't tell your mom." I said.

As dramatically as he could, he removed his hand, then mine and slid down the clothing, revealing what's underneath.

It was a tattoo. A small tally. It was just a simple tally, but the designs around them were beautiful.

"Oh." Is all I could say.

"Aren't all bad boys supposed to have tattoos? You seemed to be panicking earlier." I declared.

"You don't understand, my mom will kill me if she finds out." he put his face is his hands as he said this.

"Then why get one?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I was drunk. And the tally represents my band."

"Band?"

"Yeah, Calum, Ashton, Michael and I started a band when we were younger."

"And it's called?"

he shook his head. "You'd laugh."

"Oh, come on." I punched his shoulder lightly.

"Please." I gave him a pout and he sighed.

"5 Seconds Of Summer." he said.

For a second I thought he was joking. "What?"

"5 Seconds Of Summer." he repeated.

I burst out laughing so hard my side started to ache.

"See? I told you you'd laugh." His face dropped.

"No, no. It's funny but.." I trailed off pursing my lips, trying to come up with the right word.

"unique, it's unique." I said. It was unique.

"Who came up with it?" I asked. My guess was Michael, since he was the only one who looked like he would come up with things like this.

"Michael." bingo.

"And can I ask how?"

"In math class."

"Figures." I laughed lightly.

Then I noticed something else that I didn't before. Right below the tattoo was faint white lines, scars.

I traced the scar with my pointer finger, there were three of them, all vertical.

"Luke." I whispered. I knew exactly what they were. I would've never thought Luke had a past that hurt. I never gave it a thought, he just seemed so happy.

Luke grimaced. "Yeah."

"But why?" I asked, my hand pulling his shirt back up and buttoning them.

He stayed quite for a few seconds, his blue orbs debating.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I said.

"No, no. It's just that... I dont want you to see me in a different light after you hear my pathetic story." he chuckled.

"Luke, your story, it's in the past right?" I asked.

He nodded.

"It has nothing to do with now, right?"