Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"Alex." Matt and I said at the same time.

"Ash, how nice to see you. I'm disappointed that you didn't invite me yourself instead it was your dad." he said in a voice that irked me.

"That's because I didn't want you here." I said gritting my teeth.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I turned to Luke and Riley.

"Alex, this is Luke and Riley."

"Luke, Riley, Alex." they exchanged short greetings while Alex kept his eyes on me.

"When are you leaving?" I asked Alex, hoping he'd give me the answer I want to hear.

"Leaving? What're you talking about? Oh look, there's pa. See you at school Ash." he said before walking away.

Wait.

Did he say school?

~*~

All I did was stare at my parents. 10 seconds passed.

"I didn't know they were moving!" my dad exclaimed.

The stare never ceased to fail.

"They claimed that it will be better for us to work if they stayed close." My mom explained.

I huffed a reply and poured myself some cereal.

Alex's parents and mine were business partners. Atleast that's what the Laze's wants to think. My dad were mere thinking about the partnership for years but didn't act upon it but a year ago he invested a bit for the Laze's company and they automatically thought we had some kind of partnership going on.

The Lazes were good people, but they were a little too stubborn for they're own good.

Jen Laze, Alex's mom was a nice lady who wouldn't hurt a fly. A short, dirty blonde who loves to cook.

Gale Laze, Alex's dad was a nice man as well, only so much more stubborn than his wife. He just doesn't want to accept the fact that my parents aren't gonna sign the contract anytime soon.

Alex is the only person in the family who literally had no heart. He's the typical heartless bully you read in books and watch in movies. The only difference is that he didn't change at all.

Alex had two other siblings abroad, I've never met them before but from what I heard they actually seem like nice people.

Alex was the only black dot in the perfect white paper.

Finishing off my cereal, I grabbed my backpack which I left by the stairs and walked to school. It was considerably a warm day so I shrugged off the jacket I had on and plugged in my earpiece.

When I reached school, I paid no one any attention and walked straight to my locker. Luke arrived when I was taking out some books and let out a huff like he was angry. He leaned against the locker next to mine before looking at me.

"Seems like everyone has their eyes on you today." he said. I looked around to see some guys had their eyes on me.

"Huh?" i asked dumbly.

Luke motioned his head towards my shirt, I looked down on my grey loose tank top.

"Oh." I didn't realize how revealing it was, it showed of my bra from the sides since the sleeve hole thing was so big. I shrugged on my jacket before looking back at Luke.

He had an approving smile on his face. Usually, I wouldn't care how I looked but for some reason the look of approval in Luke's eyes made me feel weird. Some kind of feeling I wasn't familiar with.