Prologue

Nicole's pov...

"Wear casual attire" This instruction from him surprised me.... Quickly deciding on a white woolen sweatshirt & black denim, tying hairs in a pony tail, I put on black ankle boots rushing out in a hurry...

I was riding the death race through busy NY streets as Mr. Arrogant expects me immediately in a meeting.

I wouldn't have minded if it was on working days, but this torture on the Saturday evening made me curse him to hell.

I reached at the Royal hotel where the meeting was confined, it's one of the popular venues for high class peoples like him...

Receptionist guided my way as ordered by him, another surprising event...

As we continued towards the glass door of the rooftop I could see the arrangements with two people sitting around the dining table, meeting on a rooftop that too with dinner date set up something was definitely fishy here...

As soon as receptionist opened the doorway for me he stood up from his seat, "Hey, Mon amour where you have been whole day?" He asked out of the blue...

Was he out of his mind?, I supposed he was drunk with whatever drink he had earlier.

"I'm glad that you decided to join me for the dinner"

He drew out the chair for me as I walked towards them, reluctantly with no choice I sat mumbling a small thank you for his fake gesture...

"Serena, meet my fiancee, Nicole" He introduced adding a forced smile...

When did this calamity happen?

Shock took over me chocking me on the sip of water I was having, I felt rooted to the spot, gaping at him with repugnance...

"Missed you Sunshine" I felt his warm, soft lips brushing my knuckles gently bringing me back from the trance...

"Nice meeting you Ms. Serena" I feigned a smile following the etiquettes as we shook hands.

Abruptly she excused herself, the hurt on her face didn't go unnoticed by me.

I was completely baffled until he whispered "Play along Davis..."

What the fu*k?

***

Hey, I'm An Army 💜 Do I got any Army readers here?

Where are you from & your current favorite Song?