14

Richard...

"Why her Dan?" I Was so agitated when I asked his suggestion for my plan in the past week, the moment I shared my plan with him, he took only her name & was not settling for the actress option...

Either she was excellent in her pretense of being the goody-to-shoe person or she really is different than those money-snobbing leeches...

"You won't regret it" was his firm response...

For me, our friendship has been through enough to follow his recommendation... we were Best friends since kindergarten, and he was the only one who stuck with me through thick & thin... Others just lingered for my status in society...

When I told him about the contract he was so furious with me for making Ms. Davis resign... He hasn't talked to me since then until now no girl has come between us but this is the first time he was fighting with me over her...

When she signed away her job for the sake of others, I was convinced that she was different than I envisioned, ever since we started working together she has always proven me wrong on my assumptions about her... Yet doubts always lingered at the back of my mind...

Throughout my 5 blind dates, her touch never disgusted me like others, it was always soothing... Moreover, she was the first girl who was daring enough to step in between my destructive venture & not to forget, slept on the floor when she could have done whatever she wanted when I was intoxicated...

Somewhere My heart started to believe she was different but past experiences always held me back from being civil with her... Yesterday's date made me realize that I was warming up to her which scared me, to say the least, I wanted to talk to Dan about the same but he isn't answering my single call...

'You've got a visitor' a robotic voice spoke up in the office, I saw the PC screen to see Her patiently waiting outside while reading from folders...

'Open the door' I ordered settling down on my chair & opened my emails to keep me distracted in her presence...

She walked in focused on reading something from the folders... If she keeps that up for a few more steps she'll be striking with chairs or worst this glass table...

"Eyes up Ms. Davis..."

She was startled by my sudden warning causing all the folders to fall around her, her eyes wide in alarm...

The whole scenario happened so fast, her reaction was priceless! & I couldn't hold back the booming laughter within me...

By the time I controlled my laugh she was gawking at me...

"What?" I cleared my throat to snap her out of the daze... She blinked several times "Why was I here again?" She mumbled looking around...

I chuckled mentally, amused by her state...

She collected all the folders around her, "you were reading something from them" I reminded her...

"Oh... Yeah, we have a meeting with your estranged cousin Mr. Murray in an hour... This contract seems suspicious so I wanted you to cross-check..." Did she look upset, Because I laughed at her?

"Sir, are you listening?" She asked waving her hand in front of me...

"Yeah I'll look into it, you may leave..." I told her, girls are complicated...

She turned to walk away but halted after a few steps, she looked over her shoulder contemplating something...

"Do you know laughing is healthy sir? You should do it more..." With that, she left confusing me more... Why did she look upset then...