2.

Nicole's pov...

Simple black high-low elegant party gown with high neck... My long wavy hair cascaded down, & minimal makeup enhanced the whole get-up.

A single glimpse of myself wasn't giving me any peace, I examined every angle to assure myself that I'm not revealing too much, it's not that I'm self-conscious, but those types of dresses for a business party won't be a safe choice...

"Here wear this...." Em barged in carrying a silver stiletto.

"No, not these, please Em you know how good I'm with them," I whined when she put them in front of me...

"C'mon baby, you'll rock it this time, I'm sure as eggs w.r.t. all lessons are given to you & it's lesser height than the former one...."

"One more embarrassing moment tonight for sure," I mumbled just when whining didn't help as she made me get into it...

"You're looking gorgeous Coco" Richie complimented as we came out...

"Thanks, Munchkin...." I pulled his cheeks in return...

"Be a good boy to Em, I'll be back soon & don't wait for me to--"

"Coco I'm a big boy, I'll have dinner & sleep on time... You should get going now, or else you'll be late for the gala dinner...." He tried dragging me towards the porch with all his might which was too adorable to witness...

Glancing them for the final time I drove away...

***

"Oh Nicole it's so nice to see you after long one week & black makes you a stunner"

"You're looking gorgeous as always Mia" I greeted her back-breaking the hug she drew me in with a small smile...

"Where is Richie, Dear?" She looked around seeking him...

"I didn't bring him here" Her face immediately fell in disappointment, "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but he's a great prankster at parties so he would have been a great trouble maker & I won't dare to spoil such an important event of yours that's why..." I explained to her and she accepted understanding me...

"How about you drop him here tomorrow, then I can spend a lot of time with him..." She suggested with hope which I gladly consented, it wasn't the first time after all... She always treated us like family, especially she has been too attached to Richie, maybe she craves a grandchild at her age...

"Mam, sir wants to have some talk with you, he is waiting in his study...." A housekeeper told her & she excused herself... So Mr. Arrogant has been already here... I should talk to Mia mam about his mail as soon as possible...

"Hello, beautiful...." I kinda rolled my eyes, hearing the familiar vicious voice behind me...

"Hello to you too Mr. Hyde" Feigning a small smile, I looked for any escape around from his pervert gaze...

"You're looking gorgeous as always" He stated, stepping closer to my personal space.

"Thank you, Mr. Hyde...." I immediately step back...

"Nikky dear, can you assist me with catering arrangements" Ginny called me & I sped on my heels...

"Thanks a lot, Ginny you saved me on time..." I let go of a sigh of relief...

"Anything & anytime for you dear... BTW, you'll be the death of someone tonight..." She chirped glancing me from head to toe...

"Am I? I doubt it's me or you..."