you're sick

Seulgi frowned as you hurriedly moved out of her arms to reach for yet another tissue. She rubbed your back as you sneezed into it and then started to cough into your elbow.

You've come down with a terrible cold. The last two days or so have been dreadful, but Seulgi has made them a little more tolerable by being by your side to take care of you, which you're thankful for because being alone during this would be even more agonizing than it is now.

"You okay?" She asked as you lied back down in her arms with a groan. Her hand fell to your forehead and she felt that your fever was getting a little worse as the medicine wore off completely.

"I feel awful."

"I know you do, baby. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You're taking really good care of me. Don't know what I'd do without you." You spoke, your voice barely there, and what was there was really scratchy.

"Speaking of which," she said as she eyed the clock on the wall. "Time for more medicine."

"No." You shook your head quickly as she reached for the bottle on the nightstand, twisting the cap off then pouring the liquid into it.

She tried to push it to your lips, hoping you'd open your mouth and swallow it down. But you were being stubborn, despite wanting nothing more than to feel better.

"C'mon, baby girl, you need to take it. Just swallow it down and then I'll give you cuddles, make you some soup, even turn on another movie of your choice."

You stared at her for a moment then down at the liquid in the cap. It's revolting. But, you know that Seulgi is only having you take it because she wants you to feel better.

So you opened your mouth and swallowed it down as she poured it onto your tongue. She giggled as you scrunched your nose up in disgust, then gave you a kiss on your warm cheek.

"Want some soup?"

You didn't have much of an appetite, but you could see the hopeful look in Seulgi's eyes. You're not eating like you should, simply because you can't seem to work up the will to eat when you felt so awful.

But you found it hard to say no to your worried and caring girlfriend, who simply wanted to help you feel better.

"Okay." You mumbled as your eyes began to feel heavy.

"Alright, baby. I know you're sleepy, so you get some rest until I get back."

You nodded and shivered slightly, only for her to tuck you in under the blankets to help you warm up. She brought them up to your shoulders then kissed your forehead as your eyelashes fluttered against your cheeks and your breathing evened out as you drifted off to sleep.

She made her way downstairs to make your soup, returning a moment later with a nice hot bowl of it. She carefully walked to the bed, where she sat on the edge of the mattress beside you and gently shook your shoulder to wake you.

"Wake up, my love. I made your soup."

You groaned as you opened your heavy eyes. She caressed your cheek, causing them to close again.

"C'mon," she chuckled and helped you sit up against the headboard. She put a few pillows behind you and then put a spoonful of the soup to your lips, starting with some broth to help soothe your throat.

You cracked a smile as she continued to bring it to your lips for you, even blowing on it when steam would rise from how warm it still was. It warmed your heart. Because despite how miserable you feel, having Seulgi by your side, to take such great care of you, makes it so much easier and makes you feel better.

But that's not unusual. She's always your source of comfort and happiness, even at your worst.

"Is it okay?"

You couldn't really taste much. But Seulgi made it, pouring some extra love and care into it, and you're certain it's delicious.

Soo you nodded, even smiling a little, which caused her eyes to light up.

You managed a few more bites and a few more spoonfuls of the broth before you pushed it away and explained that you were full and exhausted.

"Okay, that's fine. You ate and that's what matters."

"Thanks to you." You said as you gazed into her eyes with your sleepy ones. "Thank you for caring for me, Seulgi. I love you."

"Love you to the moon and back." She smiled and kissed your forehead softly, lips lingering for a second to see if you felt any cooler, which you thankfully did.

She helped you lay back down and made sure you were tucked in, almost rolling you into a little burrito with a kiss on your temple before she laid down beside you and turned your favorite move on for you.

It was only background noise for you because you were so tired that you couldn't even try to stay awake. But that was alright because Seulgi knew you appreciated it nonetheless.

"I hope you feel better soon," she spoke softly as she gazed at you adoringly, watching as you fell asleep. "Sleep tight, baby. Have sweet dreams. You know I'm right here if you need anything."

"I know." You mumbled quietly. "Love you."

"You know I love you more." She whispered, making it the last thing you heard before you fell asleep with both of you hoping you'd wake up feeling better soon.