Music to my Ears

Hee Byol's pov

Hours later after lots of dicussion about genres of music and instruments, we were now gathered in a music hall full of equipments needed to make music. a silver wireless microphone at the side, paired with drums and eletric guitars with speakers beside them the wired neatly rolled, on the other side was a grand piano with classical instruments behind it such as a violin, flute, and other things that wasn't know in my vocabulary.

The setting was really grand and fancy. cream colored walls paired with wooden planks to compliment the subtle yellow lights shining from the corners of the hall. chairs surrounding a stage the marble tile with bits of gold design glistening when it hits a light, it made me feel excited at what will happen here and the music we'll be making in the future.

I was brought out of my daze when a loud and booming clap echoed in the hall followed by the clicking of heels behind us making most of us look behind, seeing a man probably on his late 40's approaching us with a vibrant smile.

"Welcome to FU class!" he beamed with glee as he stood infront of us head held high but still giving the friendly vibe.
"Today, since its our first encounter and its a tradition of this class" he snickered while looking at us one by one.

"We're gonna show all your hidden talents starting now" he finished with a bright but teasing smile.

All of us looked like our eyes were about to pop out of our skulls at the sudden activity given to us. We looked at each other and back to the man standing infront of us, satisfaction coating his features.

"I'll give you guys one hour on how you'll showcase your capabilities, you can do it by groups or if you're brave enough.. you can do solo" he added. "You must know the reason why this became a tradition right?" he looks at us again.

I looked back at our professor thinking deeply of what he said.

"To know what kind of music we are comfortable with so you can teach us easily based on our genre and then start introducing new ones as we go deeper through the lesson"

I heard murmurs buzzing around then looked behind seeing Namjoon's raised hand with a serious face.

"As expected of Namjoon" Yoongi said and smirked proudly at his friend.

"Nicely said Mr.?" The prof. asked.

"Kim, Kim Namjoon" his voice as clear as water.

The professor nodded and cleared his throat.

"Before we start the activity, I might as well introduce myself since we'll be seeing each other for until you graduate" he jokingly said receiving deep chuckles from everyone.

"I'm Professor Jung" he added.
"Now go ahead and brainstorm we'll meet here exactly at one hour"

We agreed and started spreading out.

"Hey Byol!" I turned around to the person who called me which is Jungkook.

"Hey, Jungkook" I greeted softly with a smile.

"Want to join us? If you like" he offered.

I blinked a couple of times to let that sink in my system, It was the first time someone had offered to be grouped with me so I usually do things on my own. with a bright smile I nodded at Jungkook and joined the rest of them.

"This will be the first time that I'll hear Byol sing! Now I'm getting excited!" Hoseok cheered and clapped his hand like a seal

"Same here" Taehyung added and looks at me with a smile.