news / GMW ➪ ch. 24

(2 years later, age 23)

"nini!" ricky called as he slipped off his shoes at the entrance of their home. "i'm in the room!" she yelled. he walked into the room pulling off his tie, "you'll never believe it!" he said with a bright smile. her slight panic and worry washed away when she saw him. he always was good at making everything seem less bad. "what would i never believe?" she said as she walked up to him. "emma started talking to me, like about how she was feeling and everything she'd been through. she's never done that before!" she laughed at his excitement towards his young client. ricky had become a therapist for kids and young adults. specializing in depression, anxiety, and PTSD. her smiled soon slipped and she looked down quickly and then back up to him. "what's wrong darling?" he said taking hold over her hands. she shook her head, forcing a smile to appear. she thought she was done putting on a fake smile, guess not. "it's nothing". he rubbed his thumb on the back of her hand. "come on darling, i've known you for over two decades, you can't lie to me and expect me not to noticie" he laughed a bit at her attempt to lie. "uh, remember how we talked about having kids?" she said leading them to sit on the bed. "of course, i'm very excited." a smile coming to his face with no permission. he always talked about wanting to be a dad, especially to a little girl. "uh, well-oh just here" she took out three pregnancy tests from her pocket and handed them to him. "wait are you-?!" he asked and she smiled a few tears coming to her eyes. "we're gonna be-?!" she nodded again. "holy cow darling!" he yelled, tackle hugging her. discarding the tests on the bed. "hey! our child is in me, take it easy pumpkin" she giggled. he started crying, the last time he cried was—ok, the last time he cried was when nini cried last week when she had a break down but the last time he happy cried was at their wedding. "oh, don't cry richard, your gonna make me cry" she said as tears began to fall. "how can i not cry neens!? i'm gonna be a dad- we're gonna be parents! just like we always wanted to be" he said as his face was red and his eyes bloodshot. she cried a bit harder seeing how happy her husband was at the news. he stood them up and pulled her into the tightest hug since their senior year of high school; when they were both more broken than ever. they've come so far. he asked her why she was nervous, "i don't know i was just worried" she shook her head. "don't even be, not with me". she looked up at him and laughed through her tears. "i got your nice shirt all wet" he shook his head, "that doesn't matter" she smiled. he breathed out unevenly shaking his head. "this is crazy. i can't believe it". she smiled, "me either" he kissed her cheek and she smiled happily.

*

after their that, ricky took a shower. nini waiting for him laying in bed. he walked in slower because he heard her talking. "uh, hi there...i don't really know you yet but i'm very excited to meet you. you've made your dad really happy, which of course makes me really happy. we both can't wait to meet you. i'm gonna have to give you a nickname till then..hmmm, how about bunny. i like that one" she smiled as she rubbed her exposed stomach. ricky's heart warmed hotter than the sun. "bunny huh?" nini jumped at the deeper voice. she gulped and nodded. "i love it" he said getting into the bed and under the covers. she sighed and laid her head on his shoulder as he rubbed her stomach lovingly. "let's watch girl meets world" she said with a laugh. "is this because we're gonna be parents? cause last time there was something big going on you asked me to marry you?" he asked smiled. she nodded, and he laughed. "i love that so much". "i love you so much" she said kissing him. "i love you way more".
________________________________
(word count: 723) THIS WAS SO WHOLESOME I CANT 😭 I LOVE WRITING HAPPY-EMO RICKY. TWO CHAPTERS LEFTTT <33

 TWO CHAPTERS LEFTTT <33