Chapter 14

Gloria's POV

After settling in Alina's house, I find myself in the bathroom, showering under hell's fire that moistens the glass wall, the hot water relaxing my tense shoulders.

I sigh and touch my lips, fantasising about our time in the kitchen. I feel myself losing control every time I'm with Alina and I'm not sure I'm fond with the idea of being okay with it. No matter how comfortable I start to feel about her, no matter how many times she's made me blush and smile, the thought of how this all started stains any possible relationship I can have with Alina. I refuse to believe that the woman I'm getting to know now was that cruel and forceful person I conversed with at my office. I suppose we all have our dark sides, it just so happens that Alina's darker than most. That being said, I won't deny the fact that Alina makes me feel things I wish I didn't, she obviously knows what she's doing. I wouldn't call it love though, far from it. Infatuation I suppose is the perfect word.

I close my eyes and tilt my head up to face the falling water. Fuck, I have know idea what the hell I'm doing.

The water hits my face, I feel my core pulse at the thought of Alina's lips on mine, I think I'm addicted. I lick my lips and water enters my mouth. My hand travels up my neck, then down my body to where it needs to be, all the while imagining it to be hers. My ring and middle finger circles around my clit, a soft moan escapes my lip, I pause. I shouldn't be doing this here.

My breath heavy I turn off the water and step out to dry myself. I find myself staring at the mirror noticing my cheeks have turn a shade of pink, flustered. I shake my head at the thought of masturbating in Alina's bathroom, I chuckle internally.

Exiting the bathroom into Alina's room, I rummage through my bag for extra clothes only to find a pile of it on Alina's bed. Changing into the clothes provided, I head down to find Alina.

"Hey." I call out, finding her in the kitchen cooking something on the stove, her shoulder tenses. She turns around, hand placed on her chest

"Gloria, you scared me, baby" she chuckles. I'm still alien to her pet names, embarrassed to admit they make my stomach flutter whenever she refers to me in that manner.

"Sorry." I smile weakly, avoiding eye contact. I may or may not have touched myself in your bathroom. Alina's eyebrows creases together.

"Are you alright?" She starts to walk toward me, concerned.

"I'm fine, I think I'm just a little tired is all." I force a sincere smile. "What are you cooking there? It smells heavenly." I try to change the subject as she comes closer. She reaches for my shoulders and softly pulls me closer. My face now resting on her chest, I smell her gentle perfume. she rubs my back, the friction warming me up. My heart skips a beat, it too is warm.

"Alright, If you say so. I won't ask any further. I made us dinner, so you can eat and go straight to bed if you'd like." She loosens her grip on me, but before she was completely off I wrap my arms around her waist, completing the embrace. I feel her freeze.

Alina confuses me so much. I just want to understand her, I want to know why she did what she did. From what I've experienced, she's kind, sweet, smart, caring, the list goes on and on. Why go through all this trouble? I'm sure she's more than capable of finding someone that can easily and willingly reciprocate her feelings. I'm sure now that making me marry her was not for status or money.

I feel her tighten our embrace, her head now resting on the crook of my neck. I've never felt so comfortable and confused at the same time. I take a deep breath.

Burnt. My nose scrunches. Why does she smell burnt?

"Shit, shit, shit." Alina runs to the stove, assessing the pan. She turns off the fire and and tilts the stove down, displaying two large pieces of charred salmon, well charred is a nice way of putting it... I laugh at the sight.

"I've always loved my salmon extra well-done. It's overwhelming how many people dislike it this way." She pouts, unamused. I can't help but laugh again. "Baby, we can always get takeaway." I use one of her pet names in hopes to cheer her up. I smile as her lips curl up slightly at the name.

"Noo, I wanted to cook for you. Give me a sec. Let me season another batch of salmon." She moves around, trying to get started on her new salmon.

"That'll take awhile, no need to tire yourself out." I reason with her.

"It's fine, I can do it." She throws out the old salmon. I glance out the window and see the moon gleaming in the dark.

"Alina, it's late." I pick up the chopping board and place it in the sink.

"But I don't want to feed you takeaway on your first night here." Why must you be so sweet and stubborn?

"Nonsense, I'll eat anything as long as we eat it together." I place a dirty fork in the sink. I pause. Did I just say that? I briefly glance her way, hoping she was only listening lazily. I see her smirk before her back faces me. She doesn't reply and I take take as an agreement to the takeaway.

---

Sitting adjacent from each other we eat our takeaway peacefully. She feeds herself a spoonful of her food and chews it. She looks up and catches me staring. She scoops up some her food and brings it closer to me.

"Wanna try some of mine?" I open my mouth, letting her feed me and assess the taste.

"Mmm, pretty good. It tastes a little over cooked for my taste." I tease. She scrunches up some napkins and throws it at me.

"Ha-ha-ha. Should've made you eat that salmon." I giggle as it hits me on the head.

After eating and cleaning up we head up to bed. Alina got under the covers and glances at me. "Well come on in." She lifts the cover, inviting me. I crawl in and lie under. She scoots closer and wraps her arm around my waist, an embrace that is no longer foreign to me. I breathe out, relaxing under the warmth Alina radiates. A question pops in my head.

"Alina?" I whisper.

"Mhm?" I turn to face her, just barely making out her figure in the dark.

"When is the wedding?" All this time we haven't even mentioned the main reason we're in this situation to begin with.

"In a couple of months." I feel her breath on my face.

"Will it be big?" I continue.

"As big or as small as you wish." Her voice low.

"How many people are we inviting? Where are we having it?" Seriously, why am I just thinking about this now? I feel Alina's hand on my face. Her soft lips suddenly pressed against mine.

"Shhh." lips still on mine, she continues to talk. "Tomorrow, baby. Tomorrow." She kisses my lips once more before resting her chin on my head as sleep takes over.

---Author's Note---

Heyyyyy!

I've recently opened up this app and read how many people wanted me to continue this story. I understand reading something and realising it is unfinished. Hehe. I've got messages asking me to write a smut if I were to discontinue, ahahah, there's so much tension between these characters, but since I have decided to start writing again, all I have to say is please wait. It is over-due and will be happen. As an apology for taking so long, it will be juicy...

Love. Candice_fox24

;)