Chapter 3

Alina's POV

I think it's time that Miss Christan becomes fully aware of my intents with her. If you have not already guessed, I'd like to marry her. Whether she may or may not be attracted to women.

I finished off some paperwork before exiting my building at around lunch. I drove to Gloria's building which was less than half an hour away. Getting out of my precious matte black Audi R8 I headed straight to the receptionist. "I need to speak with Miss  Christan," the blonde women stared at me and smiled politely.

"Do you have an appointment, Miss..."

"Sulvano, and no I do not." The blonde's eyes widen in realization as I say my name. Did she seriously not recognize me?

"Oh my goodness, Miss Sulvano, it's a pleasure. I'll have to ring Miss Christan's PA if she is available, hold on a moment." She took and few minutes before she finally hung up with a thank you. "I apologize for the wait Miss Sulvano, but Miss Christan is not available, she is going to attend a meeting shortly. Though there is an opening for a meeting in 3 Days." Umm no... I stare at her for a moment.

"Look here Miss-" I look at her name tag. "Clair. I need to have a word with Miss Christan regarding an important matter. I Do not want to prosecute someone, especially a young girl like yourself." I lean in a bit closer. "So if you value your job or if ever, want to get a new one, you'll tell me what building she is in." She gulps.

"Um l-level 24" she stutters handing me a visitor ID and without a second thought, I walked towards the elevator with my heels clicking on the tiled floor. I pressed number 24 and scanned my ID. Soon enough the elevator moved to its destination. I looked at my reflection, my eyes bright blue in excitement. I ran my hand in my long black hairs and straightened my blazer making sure to off some cleavage. The elevator door opens revealing a young woman behind a desk, must be the PA. I stride over to the counter.

"Where's Miss Christan?" She looks up in fright and quickly pointed at a door to her left. realizing her mistake, she stands up.

"Wait, ma'am, you can't go in there," the woman struggles for my attention as I open the door, shortly she enters with me. "Miss Christan I'm sor-" The women paused as Gloria holds up a finger indicating her to give her a moment. She has a phone in hand whilst writing something which by the looks of it important.

She stopped writing and her eyebrows creased. "Cut the bullshit Markus!" she yelled taking me and her PA by surprise. Though I do have to say, I am quite turned on being this little temper of hers. "I gave you two weeks to get those shipments stored on the boat. It takes over 25 days for those to arrive here in America from Australia Mark, 25 days! It hasn't even left Australia. We're going to be so far behind schedule for this project." She pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. "Look, I get it. Storage issue, weight problem, fuel. I've been there done that. But Mark, it does not take half a month." She sighs. "Markus I really don't want to fire you because I know what's happening with your family back home." She softens her voice and stands up heading toward a drawer taking out a file. "I'll send someone from Australia to come and help you, I want those shipments moving in less than 3 days." She hangs up the phone and finally looks up. "I'm sorry Samantha, what were you saying."

"I'm sorry for disturbing you mamá. But Miss Sulvano really wanted to talk to you but does not have an appointment booked so she-"

"It's alright Sam, just call me when the meeting is about to start, oh and make sure that Andrew Waren is to be notified with his new task of helping Markus with the shipments." Sam nodded. "Thank you," Gloria smiled politely and glanced my way. "Miss Sulvano please have a seat." I smiled back and took a seat opposite her. She's wearing a white long sleeve blouse that's tucked in her black flared pants. Her hair in an elegant, messy bun. She looked simple but extravagant.