Chapter 15

Gloria's POV

Weeks have now past, Alina and I have been planning our wedding. I've decided on something small, wouldn't want to spent so much given the situation at hand. During these times, I've now been slowly moving my belongings into her, Um excuse me, our house. She's brought it upon herself to correct me whenever I refer to the house as her's.

'Our house, our house, OUR.' I repeat this every now and then to keep myself from forgetting, honestly things have been moving pretty fast for me, I'm having a hard time absorbing and keeping up with work, lying and oh my god, the amount of times I have had to 'come out' to friends, co-workers even the people at the café I always go to, is so exhausting, don't get me started on those people who gave me dirty looks when I told them I was going to marry Alina, they looked at me like I'm one of satan's spawns. Like okaayy, just tell me your an asshole and leave... I may or may not have dropped a couple friends during the span of these weeks...

I look through my closet for something to wear at tonights event, my mood turning sour at the thought of these people. In the midst of my search, my eye latches onto a deep red silk dress, excited, I check its fit in the mirror, placing it in-front of me. Ethan's son, Johnathan will be hosting an event to celebrate his successful business launch, all thanks to Alina's investment and well, me I suppose, but of course no one needs to know that. I smile, this is perfect.

I fix my hair and makeup before slipping into the dress and a pair of heels. The backless dress hugs my figure in all the right places. I adjust the strap of the dress, the wave of my hair brushes the open back as I do so.

"Hey, baby. Are you almost don-" I find Alina standing by the door, wearing a perfectly tailored suit, I stare in awe, who made this woman? 

""You look incredible."" We say in unison. We stand there for what feels like a minute just staring at each other before Alina clears her throat.

"I um, I came to ask you which tie to wear." Looking down at her hand, only now do I realise the variety of ties she was holding. I bring myself to a focus.

"Oh, o-of course." I walk toward her and look through her ties. I spot a tie similar in colour to my dress. "This one." I pick out. She smiles in agreement. "Here, let me."

Lifting the collar of her button up shirt, I wrap the material around her neck and adjusts it to the correct length, satisfied with the measurements I begin to tie. Halfway through, my eyes travels up and meets with Alina's, it pierces right through mine making me shift in place, nervous as she continues to watch me. I force my eyes back down to complete the lace, swallowing the lump in my throat.

Tightening the tie to her neck, I fold the collar back down, hiding the red fabric. My palm on her chest, I feel the swell of her breast as I flatten the tie down.  "A-all done." I walk back to create some distance, the closeness causing an unusual panic to set in.

She fiddles with the end of the tie. "Thank you." Another long pause greets our atmosphere, the air feels tight around my throat at the tension.

Something feels different between Alina and I. I'm not completely sure when this occurred, but something about sharing the same house caused a shift in our relationship. This difference I won't describe as something bad, just different.

"We should get going, wouldn't want to be late." Internally shaking myself awake from the haze of the moment, Alina rids of the ties in her possession and leads us to the car.

After our silent ride to the event, we enter, arms linked through the doors. My eyes travel around the room full of clustering people in search of someone particular.