Chapter 12

Gloria's POV 

We got settled in, unpacking what needs to be unpacked. Mom demanded that we rested before heading down for dinner. So here I was sitting on my bed with Alina.

"Sorry about my dad." I apologise as I untie my shoelace; hopping on the king sized bed we will be sharing tonight. My body relaxes, melting onto the bed. 

"It's fine, he cares a lot about you and that's all that matters." She's laying down on the bed now facing me while I look up at the ceiling. I smile, how sweet. 

I took a quick nap, waking up to the sound of pots and utensils clashing with each other. I look around finding an empty bed. Where's Alina? Confused I head down stair to find mom stirring what looks like mash potato; to my surprise Alina stands in the kitchen, cutting up some vegetables laughing at what my mom had just said. As if feeling my presence she looks up, meeting my gaze. I toothy smile appears on her face. "Oh, good afternoon baby. How was your nap?" My heart skips a beat. Baby? I swallow the saliva forming in my mouth.  

"I-It was good." Mom turns around, joy apparent on her face. 

"Finally." Mom jokes. "Alina replaced you dear. She's a great cook." Every Christmas dinner we have, I always help around the kitchen while dad and Von watch football. It's obvious that mom is very fond of Alina. That's good I suppose. 

"Not as good as me though I hope." I'm actually a pretty good cook, thanks to mom of course. Alina giggles. 

"I mean, if you count cutting vegetables as great cooking then yeah, I'm pretty good." Mom laughs. 

"Come dear, help me with this turkey." I obeyed, stuffing it with some vegetables and seasoning it as told because mother knows best. 

During our cooking session the door bell rang. Mom rush to get it, excitedly mumbling something about Von finally here. I followed right behind her. I've told Von already about the engagement with Alina over Facetime. I didn't want him to be shocked the moment he gets here with his family. His reaction consist of: 'woah for real?' 'Your still my dumb sister.' and 'I knew it!' Weird because I'm straight so there wasn't really anything to 'know' about. 

When the door opened mom immediately hug my brother; he's wife and granddaughter. Dad showed up; greeting the family. Von then notices me and his eyes widen, coming closer to me; hugging me tightly. 

"I haven't seen you in so long! I missed my baby sister." 

"Miss you too Vonny." He pulls back with a scrunched face. I laugh. He hates that nickname. When he pulled back his eyes shift behind me. 

"You must be the famous Alina Sulvano. The woman who's performance in bed must be flawless for my sister to start enjoying pizza then hotdo-" I was about to literally attack him when his wife, Georgia, hit him right on the head. 

"Von! Behave." Von rubs the spot Georgia hit, mumbling a sorry. I greeted Georgia with a hug. Alina chuckles.

"It's a pleasure to meet you two." She shakes Von's and Georgia's hand. Behind them I see mom and dad playing with Nina, Von's daughter. Nina notices me. 

"Aunty Glowia!" She runs towards me and I pick her up, spinning her around, she squeals.

"Hi princess." Spoiling her with kisses. She giggles. When I stop she points at Alina.

"Pretty." Goodness, even at her age she's smart enough to see real beauty. Alina comes closer, wrapping her hand around my waist. I blush.

"Me, pretty? have you seen your self." Alina tickles the little girl who thrashes in my arms, giggling. Weird. Nina's not really fond of strangers. I stare at Alina who giggles with the child. Suddenly I hear a click. Surprise, I look up to find my mom taking pictures.