Chapter 10

Gloria's POV

10.30pm

I checked my phone. I've been in the office all day. After Alina left this morning, I got straight to work. I needed to get a lot of work done before Christmas because of my future absence.

Folding my arm, I rest my head, cheeks against the hard bone of my arm, starring at the ring. I really don't understand. Why go through all of this just to marry me? What is she even getting out of this? She has all the money the world can give, surely that is not what she is after. Maybe power is what she is after. I doubt it. The women can drop a penny and every business man and women would fight for the penny just to give it back to her. Not me of course. Sighing, I sat up straight noticing the empty cup of coffee still on the table. What do you want Alina? What do you want.

I got home very late, my eyes barely open as I make my way to my bedroom, undressing myself along the way. Once I entered the room I was left with only my bra and underwear, chucking the rest of my clothes in the corner of the room, I'll deal with them tomorrow. My hair falls cascading along my back as I pull it of its elegant bun, getting underneath the covers which were unusually warmer than normal.

"Why are you late?"

"What the fuck!!" I screamed. My voice higher than normal. I got out of bed, quicker than a bullet, searching for a weapon in the dark. Panicking, my hips hit the night stand. "Bitch!" I hiss in pain, my hand discovering an alarm clock in the process. Eyes adjusting to the dark, I identify a dark figure in my room. I throw the clock. Successfully hitting the the figure as the clock loudly rattles. "Get out of my house!" I screamed again, frantically looking for another weapon.

"Fucking hell Gloria!" Alina? "Stop!" My breathing at an abnormal rate.

"Alina?" I breathe out, turning on the lamp with my now adjusted vision.

There she sat, cupping her breast with her hand with a pained expression. "You hit my boob!" She hisses out and lays back down the bed dramatically.

"That's what you get for entering my house without permission. What the hell are you doing here at this time of night?!" I got on the bed with my knees and crawled over to check on her. Her eyes were teary, pain written all over her face. Shit, I didn't know it was this bad. I mean that was a pretty hard throw... "Oh my god, I'm so sorry Alina." My hands were on her shoulders as I gently sat her up. "Do you need anything. Ice?" I look down into her eyes searching for answers. But all I saw was pain. I pull her against my chest, letting the pain subside. I stroke her back up and down, guilty of what I had just done.

A couple of minutes pass before she moved, making me unlatch myself against her. She looks at me. "Kiss it better." She smirks, the pain clearly no longer affecting her.

"N-no!"

"Fine I'll kiss yours." She got closer but I held her back by her shoulders. Finally noticing my half naked state. 

"Why am I always finding myself in these situations with you?" I asked, frustrated.

"It's destiny baby." I roll my  eyes and got out of bed, searching for a shirt in my closet. I came back with a shirt on. Alina looks at me from head to toe, biting her lips.

"How on earth did you get in here?" I ask, keeping my distance. "Wait a minute. Did you use my spare key?!" Angry with her trespass. I should've not kept it in the bushes.

"That doesn't matter now." She crawls closer to me, sitting on the edge of the bed facing me. "What matters is why you are home so late. Something bad might have happened at this time of night." She seems visibly concerned. Why though?