Chapter 7 Sabrina

I leaned in and listened as the Director of Equity, Jeremy Smith, was talking about upcoming figures for the Manor Investments. Remembering the note had me smiling and contemplating.

When the big man approaches, don't get scared.

I started to laugh out loud and everyone in the room turned and looked at me.

Janice gave me a peculiar look.

"Sorry, please continue."

Two hours later, the meeting was over, and I walked back to my office.Janice ran up behind me.

"What the hell was that all about?" Janice bumped my shoulder, waiting for a response.

"Nothing."

"Does this have anything to do with that note we gave you?"

"Let's go to my office."

"Yes, please. I need all the juicy dirt."

We started walking back to my office when we saw my father approaching. "I'll meet you in my office."

I gave her my papers for her to take with her.

"Order us some lunch."

"Anything specific?" Janice asked me as my dad approached and kissed us both on the cheek.

"Anything is fine."

"Hi, Dad."

"Hi, Mr. Washington."

Janice walked away.

"Hey, sweetie."

"Hi, Sabrina, how are things going on the Manor contract?" Dad asked.

I locked my arm around my father's arm, and we walked back to my office.

"It's going well, and we just left a meeting with the Director of Investments. Things are looking up."

Dad released his arm from me and grabbed both my hands, looking into my eyes.

"I doubt you really want to talk about that, so how about you tell me what the real problem is."

He nervously pondered his next thought.

"I got a call from Alex yesterday; he wanted to apologize to us and wanted to meet with you."

He looked into my eyes.

Feeling my blood boiling, I spoke, "I'm sorry he called you, but this is none of your business."

I started pacing back and forth in front of the desk.

"If he calls you again, tell him to kiss my ass." I was about to start picking up things on my desk and throwing them at the wall. "How dare that son of a..."

My father pulled me into his arms and held me as if he could heal all my problems and control the burning rage that simmered in my gut.

"Sabrina, the guy made a mistake; he loves you. Just give him a chance to make it right."

Don't get me wrong, I loved my father with all my heart, and I always had the utmost respect for him. Looking into his eyes and seeing the stress it caused my family to have to worry about me, made the idea of cutting Alex's balls off and feeding them to him even better.

"Let's be clear about this; my personal life has nothing to do with you. I love you and Mom very much, but this issue is closed. I have a meeting right now, and I'll call you later."

I kissed my dad goodbye and started going back to work. Janice walked in with bags of food.

"eHungry?" Janice questioned, holding the bag of food up before sitting everything down on the table so she could separate the food.

"What was that all about?" Janice stood up and went into the bathroom in my office to wash her hands.

"Alex's trying to get back with me by going through my dad."

"Are you serious? That asshole," Janice fussed, dried her hand off and shook her head.

"We shouldn't let him ruin our day. So, tell me about what happened last night after I left," I said, came over next to her and sat down and picked up my food to eat.

"First, we talk about that note you received."

"It's really nothing. This guy sent his bodyguard over to me like I was supposed to move at the snap of a finger, be impressed, and fall at his feet. I basically blew him off and he sent this note." I bit into the BLT sandwich and popped a fry in my mouth. I put the meal back down and grabbed the note out of my pocket.

I handed over the note to Janice so she could read it. Liz walked inside, rubbed her hands together and snatched it out of her hands.

"I vote for him. Was it the guy I saw you staring at across the room?" Liz implied with a wink and a nudge. She picked the other half of my sandwich and took a bite.

"First off, I wasn't staring; we just happened to look at each other at the same time. Secondly, this is my life; no one gets a vote. Third, I'm not going out with anyone, okay?"

She popped a grape into her mouth and gulped her drink down fast to avoid commenting. This was weird for her because she always had something to say.

"What did you do? I better not end up in some sex club."

I tossed my napkin at her.

Thinking about Mr. De Luca had me a little hot under the collar. It had been well over a few months since I had sex, and hearing the rumors about him, I'd probably end up with a broken back, a sore pussy, and walking with a limp.

"He got you thinking about him."

I scoffed at the suggestion of me thinking about a hook up with him.

"Worry about yourself, and have you, Jezebel, had any dates lately?"

"Look at her trying to change the subject."

Janice teased me by making googly eyes and kissing noises.

"Girl, you really need some therapy."

"That's nothing new, but you need some dick and that back broken in."

"Is that the only thing you think about?" Liz queried and kicked her feet up on the table.

"No, I also think about the head game as well," Janice said cheekily.

All three of us keeled over in laughter. I took a sip of the bottled water and wiped my mouth.

"Life is about more than sex, Janice."

"Tell that to someone that's not getting any," Janice stated and smirked.

"Well it doesn't matter because I'm not going out with him," I said.

I was determined to keep that promise and not let Antonio De Luca get into my head.

"The club was all over the gossip blogs about the opening,"Janice said, pulling up some pictures of the blogs.

"Hopefully they don't have us on anything," I said.

"No it was more on the club itself and the owners Antonio and eCarlo," Janice mentioned, scrolling through the pictures.

"You two keep dreaming about them, but I need to finish my work," I said, and wrapped up my sandwich, stood up, moved over to the desk and started gathering everything I needed for my client while they laughed and talked.