Chapter 8 Antonio

Leaving the club, I went home to change. I noticed my father calling, I was tempted to not answer. But he'd continue calling back to back and until I did. I saw Salvatore a feet up from the club so I walked over and opened the door before he got up and opened it for me. I told him all the time I didn't need him opening my doors.

"Hello, Father."

He answered in a frustrated tone.

"Hello, son, where are you?"

"I'm leaving for a business meeting, what's up?"

"Get over here to the restaurant; we need to talk," my father said.

"Father, I really need to get over to Ryde. Can this wait?"

"Antonio, I won't ask you again." I groaned at his response and he hung up on me. I looked at the call and threw the phone down on the seat and ran a hand through my hair.

I got into my limo and told him about the change of plans. Holding my tongue with my father was only going to go for so long before we came to blows.

As the driver pulled up to the restaurant, I grabbed my phone and called Carlo to push my meeting back.

"Hey, I had to stop at the restaurant; hold off on the meeting until I get there."

"I figured when your pops called me looking for you, that you'd be late tonight; I'll hold them off as long as I can," Carlo muttered through the phone before hanging up. I ran a hand down my face exhausted from the night before and gestured for him to speed it up and get through the traffic.

Ten minutes later, I walked into the family restaurant that my father built and greeted all the mafia Dons at the table. I walked over to the head of the table to greet my father, Don Jimmy De Luca.

"Glad you could join us, son. Please, sit."

I sat to the left of him as he started talking.

"Gentlemen, thank you for coming. I've called you all here because we have a business matter coming up that is highly sensitive, and I want to make sure it's taken care of with no interruptions."

Glancing at my phone, I saw that it was vibrating and everyone stopped watching my father and stared at me. Seeing Sonya Bianchi flash across my screen had me pissed. I shut the phone completely off and focused back on the meeting.

"We have some investments overseas coming in real soon, and I want everyone to understand this very clearly. This deal is going through, and no one will fuck this up. Are we clear?" Father spoke.

Pops glanced around the room and ended at me with a strained look on his face. I narrowed my eyes at my father for embarrassing me in front of the other Capos. His actions made me want to get up and walk out.

"I called you all here because I want everyone deserving of my loyalty to be a part of this deal, but that means you understand it is contingent upon me getting complete participation from everyone here. I value everyone's opinion, but don't mistake my position as Don of this Cartel. You will obey my orders. Do I make myself clear?"

My father scanned around the room at each person nodding in agreement and ended with me once again.

I started to speak but closed my mouth instead.

"You're dismissed, except for you, Antonio. I need to have a word with you."

Everyone left the restaurant and the bodyguard locked the door. I started to get up and leave.

"Sit, son."

"Dad, let me..."

"Silence, I said sit. Are you disrespecting my request of sitting at the table?" he yelled.