t w e n t y - e i g h t

"hey guys i forgot my key..."

amelia trailed off as she noticed a stranger sat on the piano, in a long purple cloak. "what's going on?" she asked "who's that?"

"what are you doing here?" luke demanded stepping in front of his sister slightly

"such hostility" the man chuckled "i'm here to congratulate you on your big night. not everyone gets to play the orpheum. and looks like i get to meet the infamous sister"

the boys stood protectively in front of amelia, who looked really confused but worried

"no, look we know it's your stamp that's hurting us" luke scoffed "we already told you, we have a band. we don't wanna join your little club"

amelia finally came to a realisation of who this man was, and fear started to trickle through her veins. she unconsciously moved towards reggie.

"and you can't make us either" alex said, when caleb turned to him alex shrunk back "sir"

"right" caleb clicked his tongue "you're crossing over tonight. so exciting! funny thing about the cross over, no one really knows what's waiting on the other side..."

the guys looked around, their eyes settling on amelia who looked slightly scared.

"but i know what's happening on this side" caleb finished blowing purple powder towards the guys, which made them disappear.

"what?" amelia mumbled

caleb smirked at her "ahhh little miss amelia patterson, such a talented young girl"

"how do you know my name?"

caleb stepped towards her, amelia took a step back "i know a lot more then you know"

"where did you take them?" she asked

caleb didn't answer, he stepped towards her and grabbed her wrist. before amelia could react he poofed away, amelia going with him.

~*•*~

amelia stumbled to the floor as she landed on solid ground. caleb was stood behind her, while the guys were in front of her in complete different outfits to what they left in.

"lia?" luke asked, she looked up at him, their fear matching one another

"well don't you look nice?" caleb smirked mockingly

"sweet threads" reggie muttered

alex glanced around anxiously "how.. how'd you know our sizes?"

"that's your question?" luke scoffed

"i know you boys aren't my biggest fans, and an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming" caleb said "but i just put you in sweet threads, so humour me this one last pitch"

a jolt buzzed through the four of them, amelia having it worse and screaming out in pain.

"ooo ouch" caleb faked a wince

luke suddenly snapped "why is she getting them? she has no stamp"

"she does not have a stamp no. i cant control lifers" caleb agreed

"so why is she getting the jolts?" reggie asked

caleb clicked his tongue "ever wonder why you guys can touch her?" no one replied, unaware of caleb's motives "it seems like i haven't been giving her the jolts. but it was actually you guys"

"what? what do you mean? i- i don't.." alex rambled

"it seems like little amelia here is tied to your souls. and because of that as the jolts got stronger the energy moved onto her" caleb explained "the way to save her is to join my club, rid of the jolts and she gets off scott free"

"guys, don't do it" amelia said from the floor "i'm okay, i promise, don't do it, there's gotta be another way"

"think about it. for starters, how nice is it that your all here together? and believe me, everything you want, including willie, is here." he looked at reggie, then walked towards alex before turning to luke "and amelia will be free, no more harm, and on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops, you soak up the applause for as long as you want. the connection that you all feel with that audience will be like no other"

caleb was playing dirty, everyone knew that but there wasn't nothing they could do about it.

"oh do you hear that?" caleb motioned to the audience cheering "they're waiting for you"

amelia jolted from where she was still on the floor, the guys simultaneously jolting with her. the four of them groaned in pain. tears leaked out of amelia's eyes

"that one looked like it hurt" caleb smirked "now let me remind you, you don't know if playing the orpheum is your unfinished business. do you have time to make that mistake? i suggest you accept my offer, because the clock is ticking"

amelia finally got up off the floor, only to double over in pain again with a groan.

you know you wanna take a chance
and be a little bit bad
ain't nothing quite like living on the edge

amelia watched as the boys shared a look with each other, and glanced at her "you guys can't do this, we need to get to the orpheum"

"we need to save you" alex told her

tears rolled down amelia's face "and you will when you play the orpheum. please try and get there"

the boys watched caleb put on a show for his audience, when alex's drumsticks twitched in his hand and he suddenly disappeared

alex. show me what you got

then reggie started twitching.

"reggie no!" amelia begged trying to grab his hand

"millie, i love you" he said before he disappeared and joined alex on stage with caleb.

reggie. swing it baby

now luke!

luke then felt his body be forced forward, he restrained against the pull, determined not to leave his sister in the lurch, who knows what could happen to her, but it was too late, caleb had pulled him onto the stage, his hands performing a riff that he'd never done before.

amelia was in the wings, on her knees sobbing, trying to save her best friend. "no no no no" she cried. she needed to get back to julie, she must be so worried about them.

caleb was still singing and still forcing the guys to play, until the song was over. once it was the guys poofed back to where she was on the floor. luke knelt down and held out his hand "come on, we're gonna get to julie"

"what?"

the guys grinned at each other "i can feel her, she's singing. she's on that stage alone, we need to join"

"i can't poof onto the stage, that will looks suspicious" amelia sniffled, wiping her tears

"i've got you" reggie beamed, he grabbed her hand and helped her stand up. the four of them closed their eyes and listened to julies voice pulling them.

even if i'm the lasts standing
imma stand tall
yeah imma stand tall.

alex appeared on the stage with julie, while reggie landed in the wings with amelia. they landed behind flynn, her not noticing their presence at first.

julies head whipped around and she smiled at alex, just as reggie appeared on her other side.
amelia took that as her cue, she walked past flynn's bumping her shoulder slightly, hearing her gasp. she walked out onto the stage and started the next verse

right now
i'm loving every minute....