•Seven•

"What the hell happened?" Tony asked as we made it into the Stark Tower.

Surely Fury would lose his mind if he knew that Bucky had not only hurt me, but also snuck me out of the tower without clearance. I knew Tony was smart and hated Fury so he was the only person I could ask for help from without getting Fury involved. He had a soft spot for me and I felt bad using that to my advantage, but there wasn't many options. We both were treading paper thin ice and I didn't doubt we needed to mind ourselves.

He rushed to my side and got me onto a work table of his in whatever this lab was. Normally, I'd cringe away from situations like this, but I found solace in the fact that this was just Tony. I don't think I could take any questions right now anyways.

"You said we were close before right?" I asked as I contorted in pain as I laid down.

"Yeah?" He said helping lower me down.

"Then please don't ask." I said whimpering just as I laid flat.

"Can you fix her rib?" Bucky asked looking frustrated.

"Of course I can fix her ribs I'm a genius, but what I can't do is understand how this happened." He said rushing around the room still in his night clothes.

I made eye contact with Bucky and I could see the fear on his face. He was going to speak, but I could see the words fumbling and getting caught in his throat and I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. I didn't want Bucky to have to admit to losing control so soon.

"I had a nightmare." I said exhaling. "I woke up in a fit of rage and it broke while Bucky was trying to calm me down. I threw myself into a dresser trying to fight against him."

"Jesus, is this normal?" He asked looking to Bucky.

"No." He said exhaling and I could tell he was about to tell Tony the truth.

"Yes it is." I said with a groan.

One of Tony's robots arms reached down and towards me. I panicked and grabbed it angrily in defense. I had been chained up dozens of times and had machines just like this literally pick and prod at me. I sat up to grab it and I felt a pain shoot through my mid section, but I didn't care. I didn't like these machines being anywhere near me.

"Valerie let go." Bucky said now at my side. I didn't say a word just kept my eyes locked onto the machines arm.

"Valerie it's not gonna hurt you I'm controlling the arm." Tony said with his hands off the controls.

"It's just Tony." Bucky whispered in my ear.

I was taking deep breath's to try and keep my composure. As my eyes laid on this arm, it just reminded me more of what I went through at HYDRA. Everything in my body wanted to fight back against it and I worry the instant I would let go I would lose control of my own mind just like Bucky had earlier.

"I'll be right here, nothings going to happen." He said in a small voice even Tony couldn't hear.

I peeled my eyes from the machine to him and he watched me with careful composure. I could see he was worried what I would do and frankly, I was too. He should have been. There had been several times I could have killed someone in a blind rage if I hadn't have been snapped out of it. There was plenty of times I did kill someone because I wasn't in my own head.

I shakily loosened up on the arm and slowly laid back. The arm moved back and I tried to gain my composure. I turned my head to Tony and gave him a small nod to tell him to go. I looked up at the ceiling and I bit the inside of my lip to hold back my screams. Even at HYDRA I could scream as loud as I wanted, but I don't think the Stark Tower would appreciate my screams at this ungodly hour of the morning.