•Twenty Three•

The next few days were hard.

Break downs, arguments, and endless worrying. We had gotten ahold of Pepper, but Peter and Tony weren't even on earth. I had no idea where they were. Apparently according to Pepper they'd hitched a ride on Thanos's ship. They were likely chasing after the stone when he got ahold of it.

I had no idea where they had gone to and I had no idea how to find that out. They were missing and I feared they got caught in the snap. Even worse I feared was that they were alive and abandoned somewhere. Steve assured me they were looking for him, but it brought me no peace, not until I knew.

Bucky was cold for the few days following the snap, but I couldn't hold it against him. We all lost someone. I just hated having him go so harsh and guarded with me. It was like how he had used to act. I could tell Tony being gone bothered him nearly as much as it did me. Any time Steve came around and I would ask for updates his demeanor would change.

I had woken late this morning as I had most days since. I rolled over and saw Bucky sleeping with his back to me. I sat up and rubbed my face. I looked over to him and I could tell he was in a deep sleep. He was up late pacing the room and I had fallen asleep long before he had settled down.

I quietly got out of bed because my body was craving a cup of coffee. I desperately needed something to wake me up because I could feel my body wanting to just lay back down. I wrapped myself in a robe and made my way to grab myself something to eat. The halls were empty, but I saw a familiar face when I had entered the dining hall.

I grabbed my coffee from the main service area and ignored the food. I hadn't had much of an appetite and food repulsed me so I would just eat later. I brought my cup and sat down next to Nat who was too just drinking coffee and staring blankly at the table in front of her.

"No sleep?" I asked and her eyes rose to meet mine.

"No. None." She said shaking her head. "You?"

"I got an hour or two." I said with an exhale.

"And Bucky?" She asked.

"He was sleeping when I left, I didn't want to bother him." I said grasping my cup as I took a sip. "I don't think he's slept since."

"Steve hasn't either." She said shaking her head.

"Banner?" I asked.

"Hardly." She said and she actually cracked a small smile. "Just doesn't feel real."

"I'm still waiting to wake up and think it was just a nightmare." I said pressing my lips together.

"If only." She said and we both took a sip of coffee. "You going to be okay?"

"I mean I'll have to be. I might be when we find Tony... if we find Tony." I said trailing off.

"Don't lose hope kid, if you do we all do. No one will fight for Tony more than you." She said hitting my arm softly.

"I know, I just can't even find the will to do much of anything." I said exhaling defeatedly.

"It takes time." She said shaking her head. "I mean I would think."

"Where do we go after this?" I asked. "I mean I think we're all figuring out what to do next, but I mean we probably don't want to stay in Wakanda."

"We can't get ahold of Fury." She said looking to the half filled mug. "He'd know what to do."

"I'm sorry, I know how much he meant to you." I said in a soft voice.

"It's just another person to mourn, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit he'll be the hardest to get over. I heard back from Clint last night finally." She said trying to at least look on the bright side. "I'm still waiting to hear from a few others."