•Seventeen•

We drove over and the city was quite busy. I hadn't ever been out when it was nighttime much so the night life in the city was quite different when I wasn't 40 stories up. The streets were busier with the party crowds and neon lights to excite the bland streets. I however was already being helped out of the car before I could really people watch.

Bucky helped me out of the car and pulled me by hand into the building and we got into the elevator. He wore a constant smile as he looked at me every few seconds. I would catch him staring and based off of his reactions he wasn't even sorry for it.

"You promise not to be mad at me?" He asked as the elevator started to move upwards towards what I was assuming was Tony's loft.

"For what?" I asked as we launched up the dozens of floors in a matter of what seemed like seconds.

"Tony made me promise to not tell you." Bucky said looking to me with his hands in his pocket.

"Tell me what?" I asked as the doors opened.

I looked out to see nearly every SHEILD agent and Avenger I had ever met. I stood frozen as Bucky smiled to me softly. I tensed finding probably a hundred eyes on me. Tony came out and he was dressed up as well as everyone else I was looking at. I struggled to move, feeling like I was stuck in place. Loud cheers and celebration noises went off and I tried to not flinch at the over stimulating sounds.

"What's going on?" I asked pressing my back against the elevator almost frightened by seeing this many people.

"It's a party, for you." Tony said pulling me out of the elevator by my hand.

"Why?" I asked looking around and people started to clap for me. I heard the elevator doors close behind me and I looked back to see Bucky just standing behind me smiling at me.

"This is your welcome back to the Avengers party." Tony said pulling me into a hug.

"Tony you didn't have to do this." I said softly and he just looked down at me.

"You're right I didn't." He said and I saw Pepper walking up. "Go get yourself a drink from the bar and enjoy tonight."

I was mostly confused and freaked out because all of the attention was on me. I felt Bucky place hand on my back and I looked to him. I was taken back and I could tell they both saw that that. People had finally stopped clapping and cheering for me and that ever so slightly helped my nerves.

"Go on, I'll catch up with you later." Tony said and I felt Bucky pull on my arm.

"You alright?" He asked as I followed him say from the main area.

"I just feel overwhelmed." I said keeping my head low not wanting to let anyone know I was nervous.

"Relax, just have a good time tonight. I'll be here." He said wrapping his arm around my waist.

"You better not leave my side, I feel like I'm going to pass out." I said as we neared the bar area.

"I've got you." He squeezing my side.

"What can I get for you?" The bar tender asked and I froze for a moment. I hadn't ever ordered anything or even knew where to start.

"We'll take two whiskey sours." Bucky said smiling to the man.

"I don't even know this many people." I said peering over my shoulder and seeing how many people were here.

"This many people know you." He said brushing my hair behind my ear.

"This is just too much." I said shaking my head looking around.

"It's Tony, what did you expect?" He asked be rubbing my back.