•Eighteen•

Helen had shoved about every tool into my arm to pick out the bullet that was stuck in my arm. I gritted my teeth and tried to not hold it against her because clearly it was giving her a problem. Bucky sat by my head brushing back my hair every few seconds and that alone helped me stay ground and not try to squirm around.

Peter sat off to the side looking very uncomfortable in the room. He had actually helped out with the bleeding a lot, as uncomfortable as it was the trek to Helen's laboratory, I would have probably passed out if it wasn't for that. Peter was a quirky kid but I had grown fond of him. He was funny unintentionally but was actually quite smart which is why I could see Tony's interest in him.

Helen finally dislodged the bullet and I breathed a sigh of relief when it was finally removed. She dropped it onto her work space with a clink and too exhaled. She was sweating from how hard she was having to dig for it. She clearly was almost as thankful as I was that this part was done.

"Alright give me a second to go get the materials to close that up." She said wiping the sweat off her forehead with her arm. She looked exhausted and lord knows what time it was by this point. "I'll be in the next room over, but the lab is shut down til Tony gets back."

"We'll be fine." Bucky said softly forcing a smile at her awkwardly.

She nodded seeming uncomfortable by his more relaxed nature. She left to go to the other part of her lab and I looked back up to Bucky and he gave me a weak, but natural smile as he played with my hair. I could see he was tired and worried, but we were okay now and I guess that's all that mattered.

"Stop scrunching your forehead, you're already 102, you don't need to look it." I said looking up at him and he just shook his head and smiled at my ridiculous comment.

"It's been a long night." He said exhaling looking down at me.

"It must be past Peter's bedtime." I teased and for the first time he actually looked relaxed and he laughed at the joke.

In all seriousness he was a good kid. He was just in a position where he was really young and not ready for all this. I was in his shoes frankly not too long ago, but I had just seen some shit to make grow up a lot faster than most.

"What exactly happened out there?" I asked looking to Peter.

"I was talking to Mr.Stark and all of a sudden they started shooting at everyone. Someone tried to sneak up on him and I webbed their face and then before I could even look around they all started to try and leave. One of them had broken the big window and just jumped out, no parachute or anything. I tried to go after him, but Mr.Stark stopped me." He said softly from his chair.

He was wearing a light blue button up shirt and black dress slacks. I almost chuckled at the chucks he wore on his feet and his tie which had been loosened at some point in the night. I could see cuffs of his wrists that Tony had clearly build himself.

"You did good kid." I said laying back down feeling the exhaustion start to hit.

Helen came back in and got me all fixed up. Just as she was about to be finished I heard the lockdown being lifted and it was announced over the intercom. Tony came by as I was getting to my feet and Helen was cleaning up her station. He looked tired as well and I wasn't even sure what time it was.

"Anything?" I asked him.

"Nothing, other than your files from my office copied, nothing else was touched or taken." He said shaking his head and rubbing his temples.

"So HYDRA knows I won't wake up if they try." I said shrugging because that's not really a big deal.

"Yeah that but they have all of your files. Where you live, what training you've had with us in the past, everything." He said sitting down next to Peter.