•Twenty One•

We stood around Vision's body as Shuri had begun trying to extract the Mind Stone. Wanda was close at his side, but most of us had our eyes on the visitors and ships just parked it right outside the forcefield. I crossed my arms in a worried state and looked to Steve. He was usually the one to call the shots and it wasn't settling seeing him worried.

"How much time do you need?" He asked Shuri who was solely focused on her work.

"As much time as you can give me." She said not even looking up.

"Alright," Steve said looking to Nat, T'Challa, Bucky, and myself. "I guess it's time to go meet our guests."

I looked and saw three or four ships that were big enough to be buildings. I could however only make out two figures waiting at the edge of the forcefield. They clearly were waiting for us and I could only imagine what they would want.

I followed Steve down the stairs and out of the building. Nat nudged me and gave me a look to see if I was okay. I nodded and gave her a small smile. Ever since I was allowed back, I wasn't exactly able to slowly get back into things. I was quite literally thrown into a fight for the Infinity Stones less than a month back in the real world.

We were met outside with Wakandan Forces who seemingly came out of no where. They weren't out here nearly an hour ago so it's clear no one was prepared for this. We made it to the front of the field and Steve turned back to us.

"You three stay back, we're going to try and reason with them." Steve said to Bucky, Nat, and I.

We nodded and he walked out with T'Challa towards the two people waiting. I felt nervous, but the idea of Steve and T'Challa trying reason with them almost seemed laughable. I stood next to Nat and Bucky and watched them as they made it to the edge. They just stood and talked and no fights broke out, but it was still nerving to watch.

I looked down at my gun and it was fully loaded and ready to go. I looked to the Wakandans and they didn't seem to have any modern weapons. They held spears and bows and seemingly no shields. I had heard great things about the Wakandans so I tried to not question it too much. Especially not if they were on our side.

The wind was blowing which made this hot dry air a little more tolerable. I felt my hair whip around on my back. Bucky looked to me and gave me a small nod. Steve and T'Challa came back towards us and I saw the two they were speaking to headed back towards there ship. I however didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"They standing down?" Bucky asked Steve and I saw Steve press on a fake smile.

"Don't think so." Steve said.

I looked to Bucky and he just flipped his gun off it's safety. He took a deep breath and looked forward. I followed his gaze and I saw a large mass of creatures exiting the ships heading straight towards us. There was a barrier between us and them and they weren't slowing down as they neared. They slammed into the barrier and I could see it literally killing the creatures. I could see the confusion on everyone else's faces.

"They're killing themselves." Nat said flatly.

"Are they going to get through?" I asked looking to Steve. Steve however just turned to T'Challa and he stood tall, but I could see he was worried.

"They will not get far if they do." He said confidently.

We all stood there prepared and ready for whatever, but the animals clawed almost through the barrier. They were literally just trying to pry themselves in and dying in the process. I wanted to feel better, but the long lines of them still exiting the ship seemed endless.

There had to have been thousands of them from what I could see and I had no idea how many more were on their way. As they clawed through a few slipped through the barrier and were headed towards up. Bucky and I lifted up our guns, but they were shot down before they came with in a quarter mile of us. I sent off a shot every few seconds, but as more and more came my shots were sent off almost continuously.