chap chap 8

•( Wednesday, December 22 )•

The Potter house was located in a beautiful area. Full of greens and all kinds of indeterminable flowers, alas that was what Regulus wishes to see. All that he saw on the outside was a leisure heavy white blanket, that seemed to be concealing the now frozen seeds and roots in the ground and stopping them from full growth.

Disregarding the layer of white shawl that was wrapped on the Potters rooftop. The other houses in the neighborhood were very flamboyant, glistening with freshly coated exterior semi-gloss colorful paint. The potter's house looked extremely modern, you can easily spot the difference between the potter's residence and the other houses. Their house looked very harmonious, with the colors: agreeable gray, beige, and light blue. They Blended together almost perfectly.

There was a tremendous difference between The Potter's residents and Grimmauld place. Well without a doubt they were absolutely different. Not just the colors, it was the atmosphere.

The atmosphere in the Potters house was light-hearted, warm, and overall safe. At Grimmauld place it was the complete opposite, the atmosphere there was grueling, dreary, and cold. The Grimmauld place was decorated with deep colors because of its dark and rich outlook. The Potters residence was decorated with a variety of different shades of beige and light blue.

Sirius and Regulus stood on the porch, a few steps behind James, as he was unlocking the front door.

Suddenly they heard a faint lock click, and James slowly opened the door further. And walked in, then motioned to the brothers to come in, with a soft smile.

"Well folks, welcome." James welcomed them, "Mainly, baby Reggie over here, since it's his first time," James nodded Regulus' way and smiled wider,
"When are you gonna stop calling me that?" Regulus asked, annoyed, James just looked at him and shook his head, disagreeing playfully. Sirius just walked in, interrupting their small talk, Regulus following, and placed his and his brother's belongings next to the door.

"Well, what do you think, Reg?" Sirius asked, looking at his brother.

Now that Regulus was inside of the house, his eyes started trailing up and down, from the sandy-colored walls to the brown tiles on the ground. His eyes immediately locked on the unfinished tinsel decoration for Christmas, that was hanging from the walls and the plain green tree that stood tall, in the left corner of the living room.

At Grimmauld Place, they celebrated Christmas, it was just less festive, less happy, there were no decorations whatsoever.

Just alcohol and shady business.

They also celebrated the "parties" that his parents would throw, for business of course. And family gatherings, also for dark lord shady business.
That's how Regulus explained it.

James noticed Regulus's gaze on the decoration and immediately felt a bit embarrassed, "I asked mum and dad if they could start on the decorations, but then I owled them, saying that it's better if we all decorate together,—" James rubbed the nape of his neck nervously,
"—it doesn't really look the best right now, but-" James wasn't able to continue his sentence, "I like it," Regulus said, cutting James off, "It's..well different" He turned his gaze James's way, smiling slightly. That response took James slightly off guard, his eyes widened comically.

He knew how the black family wasn't lively at all, from Sirius of course. Although Sirius's reaction was different than Regulus's, he wore the tinsel around his neck, instead of saying that he liked it. James was certain he still has these pictures.

"Well, Brilliant," James said, idiotically, Regulus just continued observing the rest of the house, while Sirius excused himself to go take a shower.