chap chap 11

"Don't they get cold or something?" Regulus asked, he was sitting backwards on his knees, on the potter's couch, above it was just a medium-sized window that revealed the whole neighborhood. He was looking through the window at the small group of 10-year-old muggles, singing Christmas carols.

"I think they enjoy doing it?" James responded, unsurely. "Maybe." Regulus continued staring at the happy children who were having the best time of their lives, singing the carols at the top of their lungs.

oh, to be like them, no care in the world and just enjoying the moment.

Regulus sighed softly and looked next to him to find James scrolling through his phone boringly, his glasses were slowly slipping down his nose, Regulus couldn't tell if it was because James was looking down, or because James's nose was a little too narrow to hold his glasses up in place.

"You're staring again," James said in a sing-tone, he turned off his phone and turned his head to look at Regulus. "Listen, I know I'm gorgeous, but stop." Regulus playfully nudged James's side.

"Prick."

They both laughed heartily about it.

"Oi, what are you guys laughing at?" Sirius abruptly entered the room, he sat on the armchair closest to James's right.

Regulus and James both shared a look before James responded, "Oh, nothing just chilling." James replied and Sirius muttered grumbly, "That didn't sound like nothing."
"You're right, we were talking, we weren't silent to say that it didn't sound like nothing." Regulus agreed. Sirius looked questionably at his brother, "That was the worst one yet."

Regulus just grinned in response, before Effie called them down for dinner.
"Boys, dinner's ready!" Euphemia called, they instantly started getting up, nobody wants to see an irritated Effie.

Dinner passed rather quickly with everyone too invested in their food to really consider caring about what's happening.

The only time was when James and Sirius were sharing ironic glances across the table to each other, followed by asking his mum what she thought of the food, Euphemia didn't understand so she responded with a teasing tone,
"Well, I made it, so it's obviously good." Which left Regulus slightly amused.

After dinner was concluded with a few, thank you's from the boys. Regulus retreated to his room, he sat on his bed trying to find something to do, and he decided to read for a bit since it's been a hot minute.

He picked up the muggle book Remus gave him from his fun-sized black rucksack next to his bed and scooted it over behind his bed. He just didn't trust Sirius with his stuff.

He sat down on his mattress and started reading. He was about 58 pages in when his door was quite literally burst open, revealing a frenzied James Potter.

"Hey! What're you-"
"And you don't even have the decency to knock." Regulus sighed, he bookmarked his page since James did not look like he might be leaving soon.
"Sorry,"
"it's okay, I have to apparently get used to this."

James walked in and Sirius aimlessly
followed him in, Sirius wasn't even there when James arrived. That confused Regulus, but that was Sirius Black we were talking about.

He re-opened his book to where he left off, knowing it'll annoy Sirius, who was sitting on Regulus's bed crossed legged and James sat down on the floor.

"What are you doing?" James asked.
"Trying to figure out a rather sneaky way to burn your house down, when you aren't looking." Regulus smiled at James mockingly and returned his gaze on the page.

"That's a really hetero thing to do," Sirius said, putting his arms around his head and connecting them from behind. Regulus dramatically gasped and placed his hand on his chest. "How dare you?"