chap chap 19

•{Wednesday, January 5}•

"Are you going to continue just pacing around or sit down?" Remus looked up from his book at the nervous-looking Sirius.

"Well, what should I do?" He sat down, bouncing his leg.

"We all knew it was gonna happen, even you." Remus reminded him.

"Yeah, but it's weird." Sirius defensibly got up. Remus gave him a look and he defeatedly sat down once again.

"Let them be, they looked happy together." Remus finally closed his book looking at his miserable boyfriend.

"But it's still weird, Regulus's my brother and James is also-"

"It's not weird for them, It's okay." Remus sighed, "You told me before you wanted Regulus to be happy."

"He's happy?" Sirius agreed, still questioning it.

"He is." Remus smiled.

"I swear to whatever's out there, if James did anything to hurt him, I'm throwing hands."

"Pretty sure he won't, that's James we're talking about, he can't hurt a fly even if he tried." Remus threw a last glance at Sirius before picking up his book once more.

•🦌🐀 🐾 🐺•

"MCKINNON LOOK AHEAD, STOP EYE-FUCKING YOUR GIRLFRIEND, PLEASE" James yelled, honestly done with everyone's shit at this point.

"WOOD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IS THAT WHAT YOU MEANT BY PRACTICING?"

"GUYS FOCUS, WE HAVE A GAME IN A WEEK, WE WANT TO KICK THEIR ARSE AND THAT'S ON WHAT?" James pressed.

"PERIOD-" The rest of the quidditch team responded.

"Exactly- Black, have you gone blind?" James placed his face in his hands disappointedly.

"Oi, captain!"

When James turned around, he was greeted by a bored but slightly amused Regulus Black, who was accompanied by the rest of the Slytherin quidditch team. He wasn't the captain of the Slytherin quidditch team, but for some reason, the rest of the team listened to him more than the original captain, Steve Laughalot, at the time.

"Tough time, hm?" Regulus smirked, "I'm beginning to think we might actually win this match, oh wait, we will."

James rolled his eyes, "Yeah, keep on dreaming."

"Most dreams become realities if you put your mind into it." James raised an eyebrow at that.

"And who said that?"

"Me." Regulus smiled sweetly, "And I think we both know what happens when I put my mind into something." James frowned slightly not getting it.

"Anyway, time's up, Slytherin time to take the pitch," Regulus informed, crossing his arms with a smirk.

James checked his watch, "Already? We still have 30 minutes left."

"McGonagall's orders." Regulus shrugged.

James sighed, tiredly and looked at his team, "OKAY PACK IT UP FOR THE DAY EVERYONE."

Regulus glanced at the Slytherins team, who already started stretching and moved a little closer to James, "How's Sirius?" He asked.

"Terrible doesn't even want to talk to me." James kept his gaze on the ground.

Regulus fiddled with his fingers, "Sorry, James. I knew how close you guys are, this is just stupid."