chap chap 15

"What." James blinked idiotically.
Regulus looked at James puzzled, and asked, "What?"

For a solid minute, they just stared at each other.

"Don't make this gay." Regulus sighed.

"Hey! you're the one who kissed me."

"Didn't you want to?"

James blinked again and his eyes suddenly widened at the realization. "Oh, You're that gu-"

"Yeah," Regulus responded, they both looked at each other in a shocking matter.

"Am I supposed to kiss you, now?" Regulus asked.

"It's...kinda how it goes, yes." Regulus slowly leaned in again before being interrupted by a giddy running Sirius, who exclaimed, "YOU GUYS."

Regulus jumped out of fear and landed on his back on the ground, holding his elbows up and looking up at James, who was covering his mouth and failing miserably at not laughing.

"GUYSSS." Sirius entered the room, "You guys won't believe it so apparently-" He looked down at Regulus.

"Why are you on the ground?" Sirius asked.

"I fell over," Regulus answered.

Sirius looked around the room, "What you fell over for?"

"Well, I didn't do it on purpose, you frightened me." Regulus slowly got up.

"What are you even doing over here?" Sirius sat down next to James on the couch.

"Yeah, I was just showing James something."

"Anyway, what happened, Padfoot?" James interjected.

"Right!" Sirius completely forgot about Regulus and turned to look at James, "I might go stay with moony today and possibly tomorrow."
"Why?" James raised his eyebrows, "I didn't do something, did I?"

"No, no, you're fine, but apparently his mum wants to meet me," Sirius said, nervously. "That's great, Padfoot!"
Regulus nodded, "You can show her how, great, you are." Regulus smiled mockingly.

Sirius nudged Regulus in the stomach.
"So, anyways, Moony will come to pick me up in a few hours," Sirius regarded James with skepticism.

"Can I trust you with my brother, James?"

"Don't worry Padfoot, your brother's in safe hands." James smiled.

•🦌🐀 🐾 🐺•

"Bye Padfoot, bye Moony." James gently closed the door after waving at his friends.

"I'll never understand these weird nicknames you guys have for each other," Regulus said as he turned another page in his book.
"Yeah, we were fifteen."

"Yeah, well, I'm fifteen."

"Yeah, but you're different," James responded.

"How am I different? you were once fifteen too."

"Yeah, but we were major immature crackheads."

"Yeah, were." Regulus air quoted.

"Well, that's rude." James gasped, "But anyway, you're just different, like unique."

"I'm different?"

"Yeah, a good kind of different." Regulus gave a warm smile.

"What kind?"

"The kind that—" James said, raising his eyebrow, "You want me to feed your ego."

"Perhaps?" Regulus set his book aside and focused his entire attention on James.