chap chap 21

currently, listening to happier while writing this hi ✨pringles✨i mean it's kinda fitting? every one of y'all are a ✨pringle✨ bear with me, okay? :,)

Regulus gazed anxiously at the Gryffindor lady portrait; everyone referred to her as "the fat lady." Regulus didn't like it when she was nicknamed that. We don't like it since it was body shaming.

"Password?" The lady spoke flatly before noticing Regulus and breaking into a big grin.

"Regulus dear! how was your day?" She asked, Regulus looked up at her nervously.

"Not well, I need to talk to Sirius." The muscles in Regulus's face were stiff and nervous. The lady's gaze shifted to one of apprehension, and she nodded, cautiously opening the portrait for him.

He thanked her and entered the crimson-colored common area, where he once again spotted James and Remus engaged in a heated debate.

He slowly approached them catching snips of their fading conversation, "Moony, you have less than 2 hours, I'll talk to him."

"James, he's my boyfriend."

"He's also my best friend,"

"And he's my brother." Regulus joined in, frightening them both.

"Oh, Reggie, hey. You're back meaning you got the problem fixed?" Regulus narrowed his eyes at James, therefore James scratched the nape of his neck nervously.

"Yes, of course," Regulus stated this as he shifted his focus to Remus, who didn't appear to be in the best of health. He had pale skin that was paler than usual, as well as massive eye bags beneath his eyes.

"You okay there?" Regulus inquired, concerned, and Remus simply nodded, not bothering to look at him.

"Okay.." Regulus said, his vowels dragged out. "Well, where's Sirius?"

"Upstairs," James said, his eyes innocently fixed on Regulus.

"Thanks," James gave a small smile, "No, you're not forgiven." James's smile fell.

He headed towards the boys' dormitory and up to the Marauder's room, practicing something along the way.

"Okay, hey Sirius, sorry I've been such a bad brother lately, you just put me off." Regulus muttered, "No, no, that's not right."

He cleared his throat, "Hey Sirius, yeah it's me, I'm sorry?"

"Too dry."

"Hey Sirius, you've been a douche lately and I'm sorry?"

He sighed and settled on, "I'll just talk."

He knocked on the Marauders' door and waited a few moments before hearing his brother say, "Come in."

Anxious, he opened the door and saw his brother sitting on it, Regulus guessed his bed, wiping his cheeks.

Sirius looked up and visibly froze.

"Hey...Siri, wrong timing?" Regulus asked, swaying back and forth softly.

Sirius just shook his head and fixed his gaze on the ground from where he sat.

"Good, I was hoping I'd talk to you." Regulus took a deep breath.

"Look, I know that you were trying to cheer me up and that I maybe took it too 'siriusly' pun intended." Regulus saw Sirius's face slowly morph into a small grin.

"I understand if you're still mad at me and I'm sorry, I just, wasn't okay and was being overly dramatic."

"But I am sorry, it was childish and-"