chap chap 10

"And..done" Regulus drawled, he placed his now freshly wrapped present in green and red wrapping paper proudly, under the tall and now decorated Christmas tree.

He slowly observed the room that was lit up by dozens of colorful christmas lights.
"Congrats, do you want me to clap?" Sirius mumbled, sarcastically, he was too invested in something on his phone to even care. Regulus gave his brother a "you copied me" look, but Sirius was too focused on his phone to even spare Regulus a glance. Which annoyed Regulus slightly.

James walked in holding a mountain of wrapped presents, on top there was some paper and pens. Probably owling his friends. Regulus thought.

He placed them on the ground next to Regulus and sat besides him. He started to sort them out and wrote some letters.

When James noticed how the brothers were weirdly calm he looked up at Sirius, who was doing the most comical confused face ever to exist.

"You alright, mate?" James asked, "You look like you just jumped out of cartoon network."

"Cartoon what?" Sirius asked, even more bewildered now. "Never mind that, what's up?" James waved his hand as to say 'drop it'.

"I just..i don't get what's the thing with people calling their significant others by their own names," Sirius asked, "apparently it's a 'the trend' right now."

James hummed as to show that he's thinking about it.

"I think it's cute." Regulus replied after a while.

"Of course you'd think it's cute. You're a sucker for romance." Sirius rolled his eyes, "Oi, i just said it's cute, it's like their own private secret, you know?" Regulus protested, he exhaled tiredly and looked at James and Sirius.

"Yeah, i guess it might be kinda cute." Janes agreed, "Would you call your significant other by your name, Reggie?" He asked.

"Well, you're free to find out." Regulus blurted, not really thinking about what he said, but after these words escaped his mouth, he internally went on full panic mode. "Not that you stand a chance." Regulus laughed awkwardly, he saw a small glint in James's eyes that disappeared after he recovered himself rather quickly. well that's weird.

It's all about the recovery, he thought.

"Well, anyways i want to try it with Moony, it might turn awkward tho." Sirius gave Regulus a skeptical look, but just continued scrolling through his phone.

"Maybe not in the heat of the moment?"
"How do you know so much about this?"
"I don't."

After Regulus said that, they all just returned to what they were doing before, James continued writing letters and sending texts, Sirius scrolled through what Regulus guessed was probably Instagram.
He also decided to pick up his phone and check for anything new, or entertaining.

3 new messages from The Sarcastic Bookworms, 2 new messages from Keeping up with the girls and the gays, 2 new messages from whippedw/bfb.

whipped/bfb
hi
that sounded kinda dry wtf

yungboi
it kinda did lmao
but hi🤧

He saw James from the corner of his eye picking up his phone, he didn't really think much of it, just wishing people a happy christmas.

whippedw/bfb
so what's up?

yungboi
currently the roof

whippedw/bfb
no😀

yungboi
just finished wrapping the christmas presents to my impatient friends