PeterPanxShapeshifting!Reader Pt.1

Okay, okay, I know. Wow, she's back just to give us a part nobody asked for. I just had this inspiration and I had to write it. So much has been happening recently like woah. I've had bronchitis all this week, and now I finally get the inspo to write. So here is something to prove that I haven't abandoned you guys. Love you!

*********************************************************************

"Daddy, why can't I go out and play when the sun is out?" Your child frame asked as you pulled your father's long, black leather coat. "I've never even seen it for real." He smiled down at you, curiosity brimming from your eyes. He sighed, his lips tugging into a smile as he picked you up and set you down on his lap as he sat down on the bench below deck of the Jolly Roger.

"You see, love, I've been meaning to tell you, but now that Mommy is gone, and you're old enough to understand now, I think it's time to tell you the whole story of how you came to be." The excitement radiated off of you as you tried to hide it, and your father stepped you off the boat and into the sun. The sun was warm and the sand under your feet burned a bit as a change took hold of your body.

Your limbs grew hair and extended into their canine form. You looked up at your dad, who was keeling next to you and tried to ask him what in the world was going on, but the only sound that escaped was small barks and whimpers.

"Calm down, love." He soothed. "I'm going to take you to a place so I can tell you the whole story, but it's a bit long, so you're just going to have to be patient."

*7 Years Later*

Your paws sank into the soft dirt as you sprinted to your favorite part of Neverland. The small pond was shrouded in cascading leaves as your wolf form walked into the cave that hid your secrecy spot from the rest of the island.

As the sun beams came off of your body, you smiled as your now human feet felt the silky sand in the cave. Looking into the water, you saw the memories of you and your father, and sometimes, if you tried really, really hard, a blurry version of your mother.

A small tear shed down your cheek and into the pond. The glassy water rippled and the lilies that had grown on the walls and ceiling of the rock glowed a bright white, filling the cavern with a light that could only be described as heavenly. Trickles of water ran down the walls and into the pool, and you laid your body to rest after a day of hunting.

Your hand glided over the water and you thought about your father and what kind of adventure he might be on now. The only thing he told you was that he was heading for a place called StoryBrooke, and of course, to stay away from Peter Pan. Your father made sure to always keep you hidden from the supposedly dangerous leader of the Lost Boys, but he had eyes and ears everywhere.

As far as the Lost Boys were concerned, they only knew about a wolf that hunts during the day and when the sun sets, it vanishes.

That's all they needed to know.

No one needed to know about the curse that was placed upon you by a evil warlock your father couldn't even bear to say his name. He was so evil that he took his love away from him, your mother. Why would they even care about that anyway? They don't even know what gender you were.

You had never seen Pan with your own eyes, although your dad had made sure to make him seem like the most ugliest creature in the world.

Maybe you could just look for him, just once. You could even do it as a wolf so you don't blow any cover. You shook the thought from your head. No, father said no. You stared at the ceiling, playing with your (Y/H/C) hair. But I am eighteen after all, not just some child he can order around. It's not like I even want to talk to him. I just want to look at him. Besides, you would be a human so you would pose no threat. One glace won't hurt.

You had overheard one day that for some reason, Pan had ordered his boys not to harm or capture the wolf that roamed the jungle.

"You heard Pan." A Lost Boy had said as you were nearby. "He said to observe the beast, and then report back where you saw it. I don't know what Pan wants to do with the thing, but we listen to him. Maybe he needs a pet or something. Let's go."

You pondered the reason why Pan would ever want to encounter a wolf of all creatures. Maybe he did want a pet, or a trophy. Or maybe he was just as crazy as your father always described him to be.

The sunset's reds and oranges filtered through the leaves covering the entrance to the cave. The sunlight wasn't strong enough to fully change you, and the cave hindered your curse a little bit for some reason, so just your ears poked out through your hair. . You petted them unconsciously, never minding the sound of footsteps coming closer to your cave, but the Lost Boys camp was only a few miles away, so it was usual to hear them come home.

A twig snapping caught your attention. pricking your ears up to focus on the sound.

"There's no way anyone else found this place." You murmured to yourself, slowly stalking towards the entrance. If you were careful enough there was a good chance you could sneak away. You could pinpoint the footsteps and they weren't close enough to see you, so it was always a good choice to just go home.

Stepping into the sunlight, your paws hit the grass of the island. Your midnight black coat shimmered in the setting sun as you focused on the sounds around you. There was running coming your way, but not with any intent to hunt. The boys heart rang with fear.

He was being followed, you knew that much. And that boy's heart beat with fun and mischief. That had to be Pan.

Suddenly you didn't think. Your legs had done all the thinking for you, and you were running as fast as you could though the vast jungle. You were so fast that your heart could barely keep up, but today was not the day to be caught by a maniac.

Grass and brush cut your legs as you didn't even think about where you were heading. All you needed to know was that the boys were behind you. Anywhere was better than there. You could outrun a Lost Boy any day, but you weren't sure about Peter Pan himself.

With no warning at all, the fearful boy's heart stopped trembling. It was calm, and just as fast as you started running, you too had stopped dead in your tracks like some kind of idiot. You turned around, as they seemed to be close enough where you could see them with your wolf eyes.

The one boy was small, with black hair and freckles. He was quite adorable and small, and you wondered why he looked so at peace, since his heart was about to explode a minute ago. The other boy was quite different. He stood proud, and then leaned over to converse with the smaller one. You were sure this one was Pan, but he didn't look anything like how your father described him.

His eyes were green, not red, and his hair was a soft brown, not greasy and stringy. He looked around your age, and you shook your head with amusement.

"Of course he's hot." You chuckled to yourself, letting out a rough bark.

Emerald eyes snapped towards yours and narrowed with an overwhelming sense of danger and excitement.

"Oh crap."

**********************************************************************

Soooooo, not a part 2 to the other one, but now that I've found a kind of groove, I can make more progress tonight. I hoped you all enjoyed this part and I'm so thankful for all the love I receive on an almost daily basis.

Much love,

Sarah