Chapter 15 : The Journey Ahead

It was nearly midnight, this was it. After a full month of putting their sweat, tears and time into searching for the other Chosen Ones it was finally time for them to figure out the next step to their journey. As Luna and her friends dashed through the forest on their pets, they were getting closer and closer to their meeting spot. It had been a while since they had been there since all of Luna's friends were now living with her in the West Wing of the castle. Previously, the meeting spot located near the Fire Flare Kingdom borders and Earth Nature Kingdom borders was used as a safe place for Luna, Kayla, Novo and Smokey to meet up. But now it needed to be used for greater matters. Luna and Novo were leading Kris and Lotus to their meeting spot. They were nearly there, passing the den where the wild foxes would say, they passed through thick bushes that hid their meeting spot. Once through the bushes, Luna saw Khalil, Jay, Zoey, Kayla, Smokey, Donovan, Ace, and Kenny already present. Luna and Novo jumped off Passionfruit, Kris and Lotus hopping off their pets as well. The attention shifted to Luna and the other royals as they finally arrived--and just in time.

"Good, we're all here." Luna said.

"How did you guys even know where to go?" Novo asked.

"Kayla and Smokey led us here." Jay said.

"This better be worth all the fuss." Khalil said.

"I'm sure it is." Luna said. "Why would Goddess Leona go through all this trouble for nothing?"

"Plus, the Summit was very--Err--tense." Lotus said.

"When is Leona supposed to arrive?" Donovan asked, crossing his arms.

"Be patient, Donovan." Kayla said. Luna glanced over to Smokey, who looked rather bothered. She tried not to let it bother her, but she couldn't help but feel a bit sad. Suddenly, a bright white light appeared in the sky, brightening the land like a spotlight, next to it, another light appearing. This time red. The bright lights lowered themselves down to the ground below, dimming as they got lower and lower. The teens looked and watched as the lights lowered themselves. From afar, they looked like falling stars. Once on the ground, the light fully dimmed to reveal a beautiful spirit. Her skin was gorgeously tanned, her silky brown hair flowing in the autumn breeze, her white dress matched her glowing white eyes, her nails were sharpened like claws, but were painted a pretty light pink. Her lion ears appeared on her head, and a long lion tail showed through her dress. Her crystal clear heels touched the ground ever so slightly, then on her forehead, appeared the mark of Leo, with her rose flower crown appearing as well. It was Goddess Leona. Protector and Goddess of the Zodiacs. Next to her, dimmed the red light. A shorter female lioness appeared, her light brown skin glowed in the moonlight. Her red dress shined in the night, which matched her glowing red eyes. Her black hair in a bun, and her black boots once again touching the ground ever so slightly. She was Queen Flare, the former Queen of what is now known as the Fire Flare Kingdom. If they were both here, that meant it was midnight.

"Greetings, my children." Leona greeted them.

"Hello kids." Queen Flare said, smiling at them. Khalil, Jay, and Zoey looked amazed. Their jaws were open as they stared at the Spirits.

"You were telling the truth." Donovan said, looking at Smokey.

"I see you've found the Chosen Ones, well done." Leona said.

"I knew we chose the right people to help save the world." Flare added.

"Yeah, about that," Kenny said. "What's next?"

"Exactly." Novo agreed, "You had us go on a treasure hunt for the rest of us. We did that. Now what's next."

"I was getting to that." Leona said. "The war is coming. After tonight, that is clear."

"We must prepare you, as mentors and as leaders. You're not ready as of now." Leona said.

"Not ready?" Luna said in disbelief. " Why?"

"Your greatest weaknesses will get in the way of the task at hand. You must overcome them." Queen Flare said.

"Your weaknesses affect your decisions more than you know." Leona added. "You must learn to acknowledge your weakness and turn it into a strength."

"And I'm guessing you know our top weaknesses?" Zoey said sarcastically.

"We do." Leona and Flare said simultaneously.

"You must also learn how to work with your opposites." Leona continued. "Knowing how to step out of your comfort zone and setting aside your differences with your opposites, will be key if you want to save the world."

"How are we going to do that?" Smokey said.

"We will help you." Queen Flare answered. "Your journey has only begun."

"Queen Flare is right. We will start preparing you right away." Leona said.

"What will we do in the meantime?"

"Go back to Taurus Castle and rest tonight. You'll know what's to come soon enough." Queen Flare said.

"But beware. These tests will not be easy. Getting over your weakness while having to work with your complete opposite is no easy task." Leona warned.

"Pfff--What's the worst that could happen if we don't?" Khalil said.

"Not only will you lose your powers, you will stay trapped. Forever."

THE END.