GIVING BIRTH

ZER:

Kate is grunting, she has been for a while, a few hours I think, but I don't know the exact number. Her face is on the crook of my neck as her dull teeth biting my shoulder hard. I don't mind, if hurting me taking away even the slightest pain she is enduring now, I'd gladly be her biting meat. Sweat covering all over her body, my hand lifts to cradle her head and run my fingers through her hair. Finally, she agreed to cut her hair short again, I was so happy to be able to see her collarbones playing hide and seek every time she moves. But her shiny, healthy hair is now dull and sticks to her neck. Her face is slightly pale and her lips are dry, there is darkness around her eyes, which is telling me how tired she must be feeling now.

My arms are around her as she kneels on the bed in front of me. Kate is magnificent, inside out. She is a strong woman, mentally and physically, but even now, I have a fear deep inside me that something might not go right tonight. I always do on the nights she gave birth.

"Let me die... just let me die..." She whispers weakly losing her strength.

I hold her tight against my front while my stomach drops to the other side of this planet. I will not allow it. You will fight, and I will be here with you, you'll be victorious. I tell her. She has to, I cannot lose her. The kids cannot lose their mothers.

"I will never have sex with you ever again in my life." She vows.

As you wish, wife.

Her body goes rigid, I know another wave of contraction is about to come. She has them very close together now, a sign that I learned that soon she will have to push the baby out.

Push, wife, for me and our children.

Kate takes a deep breath and groans loudly with one hand reaching down between her legs. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm terrified of what is going on between her legs. I had a peek when she gave birth to our first child, and I was traumatized. Kate was very small, and our daughter was almost the same size as her stomach.

"The head is out." She says tiredly.

She takes another breath and when the next contraction comes, she pushes hard and a baby slides out of her.

"It's a boy," She says lovingly. Our baby boy's crying fills the room. I quickly get up to get Kate some water. She is cradling him on her chest as she wraps him in a fresh towel.

"He looks like you." She says full of emotions. I take a look at my second son. He does look like me. My second born looks exactly like Kate, with her skin color and facial features, except that he has black eyes and black teeth, and black tongue, and black nails. Our first is a mix between us two, she has her mother's nose and lips, and if I look closely, I can see speckles of green irises on her pitch-black eyes.

What would you like to call him?

"I still don't know, I like a lot of names, I think when I see him again tomorrow I will know which name suits him the best."

I hum in agreement. The newborn cuddles closer to his mother's chest looking for a nipple to suck. Kate expertly holds him with one arm with ease and guides him to one of her breasts. We bask in the quiet moment for a minute or two before her body goes rigid again.

Last baby, wife. I promise you I will not impregnate you anymore. And I'm not lying. She was done with Dominik, but I'm greedy of this thing called fatherhood and my wife loves me so much she put aside her needs just to give into my greed. There is nothing that can compare to the feeling of cradling your flesh and blood, especially after I knew what losing a child feels like.