ELEVEN

I wake up hearing some strange noises, but I don't want to wake up. The bed is the most comfortable bed ever. The sheet is cold against my skin and the pillow is so fluffy.

Good morning, Kate.

Ugh... I sit up still with my eyes closed and yawn. "Good morning DAI, what time is it?"

7hour 30minutes 22seconds in the morning.

God, it's still early. I open my eyes slowly and look at empty space next to me. I'm not sure when did I sleep, or when did he sleep. I hope I didn't snore. Oh no! I hope I didn't kick him or something.

Wait... it's too early for me to think, I need cofftea first. That's when I realize I hear noises from the bathroom. Huh, he's such an early bird.

I fix my hair a bit with my hand and walk downstairs.

"DAI, do we have any tea?" I ask loudly, and a drawer under the sink opens.

Sweet.

"DAI, what does my husband usually eat and drink in the morning?"

I apologize Kate. I have no identification on your husband.

Eh, seriously?

"High General Zer is my husband," I told him slightly irritated, I thought DAI is intelligent?

Would you like me to change the High General Zer marital status?

Why not? "Yes Please."

Done.

"What does my husband usually drink and eat for breakfast?" I ask DAI again as I boiled the water.

High General usually takes one cup of extra strong tea and nothing else.

Why am I not surprised?

I take two cups and filled both with cofftea, with an extra splash of frug for me.

When my cup is half empty, I hear Zer walking down the stairs. "Good morning husband, did you sleep well?" I smile at him. He looks like he almost got a heart attack. I pretend to unnoticed that and walk to him with his cup of cofftea in my hand. "I heard you like your tea extra strong."

It takes him a while before he accepts my cup of cofftea. "Good morning." He greets me. We walk to the island and I pull a bar stool to sit down. Today he is wearing his black uniform without the cape. His chest still adorned with a lot of red and gold pins.

"What are those?" I ask him, pointing at the pins.

"My Badges and insignia for every time I successfully serve Tzarian and the United Universe."

"Then you must be a successful general to have all of those." I compliment him.

"Yes, I'm." his back straightened, chest puffed.

"When will you back?"

"I'll be back for dinner. If you need anything just tell DAI."

"When will the furniture arrive?"

"I'll make sure they arrive before midday."

"Okay, thank you." Surprisingly, he looks only slightly uncomfortable. "You've made progress," I tell him. I grab his cup and put them in the dishwasher. He even restrains himself to complain about me doing chores. This is going even better than I expected.

"I have to leave now." He tells me.

"I'll see you to the door," I tell him smiling. His square jaw clenched and his arms flexed. The door opens and I stop him. He turns to me as I tiptoeing and kiss his cheek briefly. But Zer didn't expect that and walk back two steps as if my kiss burns his skin.

I only laugh at his reaction. "Have a good day husband," with that, the door closed.