Haha cool PTSD episode. Good thing we have nuggets :)

I stood in an awkward and confused daze. Jack had just been carted off in front of my eyes and I had no clue what was going on. I suddenly felt a little sick to my stomach. They carried him away roughly, and he definitely had a busted lip.

Right as I was about to turn around and rush to Keigo's office, I bumped into someone.

"Oh my God (y/n) are you okay?"

I saw brown puppy dog eyes full of concern  boring into me. High cheekbones and clear ebony skin.

"Yeah sorry... I'm fine Lucy. Thanks", I trailed off.

She was cupping my face and turning it side to side a little bit, I assume to check for bruises or something. After she was satisfied she gave me a hug.

"Ohhh I'm so glad you're okay. I heard screaming and then I saw you watching that man get dragged off-"

"Jack... yeah. By the way, do you know where Hawks is? I need to talk to him."

"Oh um... I don't think he's in right now. If I remember correctly, he's off on patrol. Sorry babe. Want me to take a message?"

I frowned. "No it's fine. Do you know when he'll be back?"

"I think his schedule set him up for a long day today, sorry."

"No it's fine. I guess I just don't know what to do now. I was working for Jack and now- uh- I'm not."

Shit there's no way that it was him. I have to... do what? Shit. I'll text Hawks...

No he's busy. Besides Jack is probably going to be okay later tonight. Fuck.

"You look stressed", Lucy Cooed, "What do you say to going out for lunch.?"

"It's only", I looked at the clock on the wall, "it's only-"

"Who cares? The sushi place that we went to last time should be open in about fifteen. Wanna go?"

"I- sure. Yeah thanks."

In that moment a million thoughts were going through my mind. Lucy walked us to her car and we drove off. I was listening but I wasn't at the same time. Honestly I was just there enough mentally to respond with blanket statements. That's pretty much it.

I mean... I was placed with him for a reason... if he wasn't suspicious, I wouldn't have been assigned to him.

"Babe. Calm down."

I looked up to see Lucy smiling sweetly at me. "You need to unclench your jaw and look at what you want. Don't even worry about it, I'll pay."

"I'm really sorry Lucy", I looked down at the table, "I just- that was so random and there are things in my head that aren't lining up."

"Want to talk about it?" She cocked her head.

I needed to tell someone to get my head straight. I knew that I still wasn't allowed to though. I stared hard at her for a moment, thinking about the softest way to say 'if I say anything about what I'm thinking about, there's a good chance I'll get into federal trouble'.

She laughed her musical laugh. "Don't worry about it- I get it. Just order and keep your jaw unclenched"

I once again loosened my jaw without realizing it had screwed itself back tight.

"Thanks Lucy. I really appreciate this."

She nodded just as our server came up to the table.

"Are you guys ready to order", questioned a tall purple haired teen.