I need to get my shit together and so do you, so hold my hand

So apparently Monday was a lot harder than I originally thought. I didn't get much sleep that night what with the strange new environment, empty of the homey touch my last place had. This place seemed too nice, new, and clean. The movers had dropped off the last of the boxes at about eleven, even though they still needed to move the bigger things like my bed and dresser. It looked so strange, boxes laying about seemed to mock me.

I frowned at them and rolled over on my makeshift cot. The light from my alarm clock gave my eyes a slight ache so I squinted them for a better look.

Fuck me it's four thirty. The most sleep I can get is two and a half hours. Fucking stupid bullshit. A new job isn't even a big deal! I get new jobs all the time. Go to fucking sleep, god damn.

Though I would never admit it out loud, or even finish the thought  I knew it was because I'd see Hawks almost every day. What happens if I disappoint him? Would he take away my house for a different spy? No I don't think he'd do that.

I'll just have to do an amazing job.

I smiled to myself in sleep deprived determination. I blinked then-

What the hell?

Apparently what had happened was the moment my eyes shut, I crashed and woke up two minutes before my alarm went off. But I opened my eyes like no time passed.

That was cool as hell.

My back was a little stiff from sleeping on the floor but otherwise I was okay. Standing up I kicked the box that used to hold my blankets before I made a cot with them.

"I'm gonna do fucking great today", I said rather loudly for the time of day.

Walking to the mirror in my new bathroom, I grabbed the sides of the sink and pointed at my reflection. "I'm gonna kick ass and take names", I continued pumping myself up with giddy joy.

Of course all of that confidence dwindled to almost nothing by the time I made it to the front. I pulled at my shirt buttons, fiddling with the thing as I thought about all of the ways I could screw up.

I can't even eat! These are my nicest clothes and the only ones I have for work. What if I spill something on it and I look like a slob? Oh my god what if I mix up files? Or if I can't catch the spies! I don't want to be useless.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I turned my head I came face to face with a big yellow beak. Looking up a little more I saw dark eyes. "Are you lost", the deep voice questioned.

"No... I guess I'm just nervous. First day and all", I chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh. Well good luck then", the kid with a bird face said evenly, his hand leaving my shoulder. He walked into the agency and disappeared from view as the doors shut.

My thoughts were interrupted by my dollar store watch beeping and I freaked out a little bit, knowing that beeping meant I was a few minutes late.

Scidattling into the building, I was met with a brown eyed woman with matching brown hair. She was a little on the overweight side but she looked beautiful. "Hello, how may I help you?"

I quickly scanned for a name tag and found one. "Hello... Gabriella. Uh, I'm (y/n), and I'm here to see Lucy?"

She looked on her computer with clicking sounds and seemed to scroll forever. When she was satisfied she gave a final click. "Sorry, it just took a minute to find you in this schedule. Give me a moment please."

She picked up the phone and dialed calling Lucy. Not a minute later a lady showed up with black mid back length curly hair. Her ebony skin shined and damn her cheekbones didn't quit. She gave me a polite smile.