After a while

I got out of my work clothes after doing the dishes and plopped onto the couch.

"Alright, now tell me everything that happened. Not just a summary."

Keigo was laying down on his side, propped up by a pillow resting against my thighs. I sipped the coffee he made us and took a deep breath.

"Okay so I was at the mall with a friend-"

"A friend?"

I nodded. "Mhm. And we-"

"Who?"

"Huh?"

"Who was the friend?"

"Jack," I said with a twinge of nervousness present in my voice.

He looked up at me frowning. "Jack Ito?"

"Uh-yeah."

He sat up and looked at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"What were you guys doing?"

"I know I'm supposed to be watching him because could be one of the spies, but it was his niece's birthday and he didn't know what the hell to get her, so he asked me to come along because I could-"

"You got into a man's car. A man who is suspected of working against me and giving out information that could kill me. To get his niece a birthday present."

I looked down, avoiding his gaze and traced the handle of my mug with my finger.

"Uh- yes," I said hesitantly, "I suppose I did."

He sighed and groaned.

"But! I've been keeping track of him for a while, and I don't think that he is a spy-"

"(Y/n). You already know what I think about this, what happened next."

I felt guilty, like a kid being scolded for taking candy from a stranger but I continued.

"Well... Um... While I was picking out chocolates when I heard Ashlyn, and so I told her she's a piece of shit and she had a friend with her. Anyway, we argued and I told her I knew that she gave my drink to some random guy. One thing led to another and she backhanded me.

"So, I punched her in the jaw and her friend had a needle-like quirk. It was about to shred me when- uh, Jack pulled me away. Her friend, whoever she was, tripped over Ashlyn and I think smashed something on a shelf. Whatever it was, it sounded like it hurt."

Keigo was watching me tell my story while fluffing the pillow he was resting on.

"So, after Jack checked to see if I was okay, I got arrested, but the officers watched the video and sided with me. But I'm not allowed there for eight months."

Keigo nodded. "Damn kid. Sounds badass."

"Yeah," I joked. "I could probably beat you in a fight."

He laughed a dark laugh. "Oh? Can you now? Well, sweetness, let's test that theory."

His voice because more scratchy and he looked up at me with his eyes practically glowing.

"Why- uh, why do you say that?"

"Say what?" He asked, laying his hand on my thigh.

I looked between him and his hand."Uh, sweetness."

"What? You don't like being called that?"

"N-no it's not that I just-"

Hawks ran his hand a little higher, and rested it on my upper thigh.