Stuck with a bird and a bunch of fucking jackets. Awesome.

"Mirko", he dramatically grabbed at his heart with a hurt look on his face, "Bird brain? How could you?" His act melted into a smile.

She grinned powerfully and punched him playfully on the arm. "Oh hush, you're so dramatic."

They continued their conversation while I thought about Mirko's words.

His carefree act is a facade.

That would make sense. That time where we were just looking at each other held a lot of importance. His eyes looked like he hated himself. Like he needs someone but if he's the
tortured hero that he seems to be, he won't ask for help. I don't even think he'd accept it.

He leaned into me, arm still around my waist. When I looked over, he was scratching his stubble and still talking to Mirko. If he wouldn't let himself lean on me when he was hurt, why now?

I guess it's different because he needed help then.

But the more I contemplated him, the more I questioned his actions and motives, the more I realized he does need help.

I think he's severely touch starved.

It was starting to get late so Hawks suggested heading out. He called his driver and said to give him about forty-five minutes or so. We walked out of the door into the slightly chilly night.

"Hey kid, wanna go on the roof?"

I gave him a slightly confused look. "Sure but...Can we do that?"

"They certainly can't stop us!", he said cheekily.

And with that he wrapped his arms around me and launched us into the air. It was a fast ride up but I still squeezed my eyes shut and held on for dear life onto his forearms.

When he landed, he set me down easy. And steadied me, like he did the first time we met. But this time, by the hips. "Damn kid. Your nails dig in deep. Ouch", he teased.

"Oh I'm sorry it's just- I didn't mean to", I apologized, lifting his arm to look at it.

When I pushed up his sleeve a bit, there were little pink lines and crevices where the tip of my nails were.

"Guess my back is screwed", he chuckled.

I was concentrating on the scratches I give him but what he insinuated hit me like a car just a moment after he said it. I dropped his hand and an all-to-familiar heat flashed across my face.

He softly chucked at my lack of words and looked up to the sky. When I followed his gaze, I saw the stars. There wasn't a bunch because of the surrounding lights, but there were a few here and there.

"The stars are prettier when you're closer, you know."

When I turned to look at him he was looking me dead in the face.

He continued. "Wanna get a look?"

I was stunned by his proposal. "I don't think I should. My dress", I trailed off. "And you've already been so nice, so you know..."

He sauntered closer, and even though his whole thing is a hawk, he moved like a panther. Like he was trying to be quiet not to scare me off. He was looking at me like I was prey.

"It's fine kid, I'm offering so it's okay. And besides, I wan-"

He was interrupted by a loud HOOOOONK, from the car that was going to take us home.

He shook his head and took my hand, leading me to the edge of the building. We were five stories up.

"Jump on three?"