The Beginning

The deep red color of blood, stained the elegant throne room as the King's Protector half limped her way toward the King. Bowing down she let out a soft sigh. She was so exhausted but she dared not be shown weakness in front of her King. Right hand on her heart showing respect, she was able to gather her thoughts and speak with a strong tone, "The enemy has been defeated, my King. I serve no one but you."

In response to his loyal and beloved warrior the King, so grand and mighty unsheathed his sword and raised it above his head. Kamilah, knowing what was coming, bowed her head lower and accepted her fate. After all, she had committed a crime. The blood was just a poor excuse for her actions and now she was getting the punishment she deserved.

A loud brring sound of an alarm clock interrupted the tense scene as she awoke with a groan. She wanted to throw the annoyance of a clock out the window, however, like every morning she did not have the strength for that. All she could do was struggle to turn it off and sit up.

This morning though, she felt different. Her gaze fell upon the silver sword at the side of her side table. The morning sunlight gently showed off its elegance and the engraved symbol of the Azima Clan reminded her of her role. 

The Azima Clan. Founded centuries ago to protect Royal blood. Now reduced to a family empire of technology, military, and sciences. Nowadays they had forgotten their true purpose and Reyna wished to remind them of their roots. She didn't hate them but it was frustrating that barely any family member know about the Nameless Pharoah.

The Swordswoman of the Azima Clan...what burdens shall be placed on her shoulders this time? The idea scared her but it made her excited to accept this important role in the Family.

She unsheathe the sword and it was ever so beautifully made. She could imagine how many people would bow down at her feet with this at her side. A smug smile tickled her cheek as she gazed at herself in the mirror posing with the sword.

Her eyes glanced at the clock reflected in the mirror. She wondered if her teachers would allow her to skip at least one day of school. To be fair she was now an important person since her Family is well-known in Japan and US. Surely she could pull some strings. Maybe even get a free donut at the shop opposite her house. There were so many things she could do.

"Reyna!"

The call for her name popped her imaginary fantasy bubble and she was back to reality. In her room. 

Where she was weirdly posing in front of the mirror. 

And her aunt, watching her with her hands folded and a raised eyebrow. 

"So are you gonna come down for breakfast or shall I have to feed you on a silver platter?" Her glasses glinted in the light as she headed back downstairs.

Reyna let out a nervous laugh, a slight blush appearing on her face. "Haha...I'll uh...be right there."

______

The kitchen was filled with the scent of cooking. Reyna poured the hot water into her mug and plop a tea bag. The toaster took its time to toast the bread whole she aimlessly played with her tea bag in the mug. Up and down. Up and down

Her Aunt Ayame, was a Master of the great Azima family. She along with the other Masters had chosen her to be the Swordswoman. During her training, Reyna had full confidence that she would be chosen.

"Rei, go wake your brother"

Reyna gave her a look as she just sat down with her plate of toast in front of her. 

"Don't give me that look. Go wake your brother"

Reyna dared not respond as she did not want to get on her aunt's bad side. Then again, when is she never on her bad side? With a defeated sigh, she stood up and headed toward the hallway.

Her brother was a pain to wake up. At times it's because of late-game nights with his friends. Sometimes in America. Then there's one in France and the other would be somewhere in Jamaica. And at other times it's because he just wants to be annoying. Like now. See, if he was gaming last night he would be covered in potato chips with some empty cans of Pepsi at the side, among them, some cans were half empty, along with a fresh scent of coffee stains on the rug, which she just know that her Aunt would get her to put it in the washer before she heads to school.

Now she was annoyed. Her brother was just laying on the floor as if he had just gotten back from the bar. How can this piece of a human lay on the floor like it's nothing while she had to spend countless nights training to achieve her place as an Azima Family member? Her head was filled with those nights with the punching bag and muscle cramps she got from doing lifts and sparring with her trainer. While her brother just happens to be good at everything. He could just breathe and everyone would be smitten like some sick love puppy. 

She was full of these thoughts that she didn't realize she had a cup of water in her hand right above her brother's face. He was now on his back with his mouth half open and drool leaking to the ground. Reyna dropped the water and he awoke, coughing and looking up to see his dear sister waking him up from a nice dream on the beach. His lips curved on one side into a small smile with his eyes half-opened.

"Oh hey sis"