Chapter 2: Introductions

The kitchen was always a welcoming scene. Warm and comfortable. With its scent of cooking combined with quiet and its decorative pieces. Lila has always loved this part of her house as she was able to clear her mind and get inspired. Especially when she could sit next to the arch window with a cup of coffee and look out at the early morning sun. Maybe notice a neighbor or two.

"Aunty Ray! Rani splashed cold water on me this time"
"If you weren't always oversleeping you wouldn't be choking on your own drool"
"You didn't even wake me up properly like a normal person!"
"You don't even wake up!"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY OF THAT. YA HEAR ME? RANI GO AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL. AKIL DROP YOUR SISTER OFF AND DON'T LET ME HEAR YOU COMPLAINING."

Aunt Lila was now holding her slipper. This was serious. Rani and Akil both exchanged glances at each other and rushed to their rooms to get ready.

.

.

.

After Akil left for his college, Rani headed towards her usual path to her school. It seemed like yesterday she was transferred to Domino high school after receiving her mission: find the Millennium thief that had resurfaced after centuries had passed. Now that she thought about it, it was yesterday she was transferred here.

A week ago, there was a case concerning ancient items from Egypt. Apparently, the Heads of the Aziz family located in Egypt came across old records of a thief who stole these precious items. They thought it was part of a completed history of their ancestors but alas, they found nothing else. So they made contact with another family. The Ishtar Family. They were known to be the guardians of two of the Items. They combined their power and found a tablet of a great battle between a Pharoah and Sorcerer. About the thief, they were able to sense its presence in this school. This leads to Rani's first mission as an Aziz Swordswoman.

As Rani entered the school gates, she could hear the whispers and murmurs from the students. Wondering if she was really a chosen member of the Aziz family. Instead of ignoring them, she decided to make it a good thing by turning the murmurers into her little strings of connections. If anyone had any gossip about a strange person in the school, they would alert her and her job would be completed. So far there was nothing. Even if she had walked around the school, there was no evidence of anything strange.

Today she hoped there was something new. And there was. As soon as she had stepped foot past the gates, she sensed something. She frantically turned her head and saw a hint of white disappeared behind a wall. There's my chance!

"Excuse me?"

Huh?

There was spiky multicolored hair blocking her view.

"Uh. Can I help you?" Rani asked, occasionally, glancing at the wall.

"Sorry," he bowed politely, "It's just I thought you were ill. You looked as if you were going to faint. Are you ok?"

"Yes yes, I'm fine. I must apologize meself as there is somewhere I must be. Thank you for worrying." She bowed and ran in the direction of the white figure.

Nothing

She remembered how it felt. It was a heavy feeling of strong dark arts. Like something bad was going to happen except it's trapped and muffled behind a box, protected by a sense of light power.

The sound of the bell signaled the start of class.

A breath of air escape her lips and look around. Nothing. And she went inside.

The white figure looked on as she walked inside the school building. His golden ring around his neck glinted.

.

.

.

That night, when the city was asleep, a curious young boy was fitting in a piece of the puzzle. It was a puzzle he was working on for years and this one single piece felt surreal to him. What felt like a long accomplished dream, felt like a bad dream to another.

Beads of sweat slid down her face as she groaned and shivered. Among the most weirdest dreams she had this takes the cake. She was inside a building with walls of gold and was fighting like her life depended on it. The scent of blood on the walls felt too real as if she was actually there. Her hands clutched her sword with a tight grip and swung it towards her opponent. His blood gushed out and landed on the floor, staining the golden tiles and hints of it on her outfit and cheek. She found herself falling on her knees but does not dare allow her body to rest for even a minute as she stood up and made her way to the throne.

After greeting her King, she waited for a response. He stood up from his grand chair, sword in hand, and walked towards her.

A little laugh escaped his lips. "Oh, whatever am I going to do with you." His voice was like a smooth but playful sound. This was not her King. She raised her head and found her own blade on her own heart. It was like a sharp pain. More than a toothache. The sharp sensation faded out and a burning and heavy feeling faded in.

The little laugh turned into a maniacal laugh. Her King will never betray her like this. So when she raised her head she wasn't surprised to see the figure with a big smile. His multicolored hair covered most of his golden crown.

Rani woke up with a start. She felt like she was out of breath and made sure to calm herself before she fainted. "What kind of dream was that?" she groaned out of bed and head towards the bathroom. She splashed some water on her face. She was now calm.

Until she sees strange gold markings on her shoulder.

"WHAT IN RA'S NAME IS THIS!?"