Chapter 6: An Offer

Finally to episode one of the series

Sorry, this was slow and prolonged but I needed to get yall to see how Rani thinks and what was going through her head when she was solving this case before episode 1 of the series Plus how she first met the guys. 

. . .

Rani was not just at school. She was working. 

Apparently, her boss conveniently goes to the same school as her and now she's his bodyguard. Rani preferred to be coding than this job however the Aziz family doesn't back down from protecting people so she bodied the mindset and did her job. Plus, it didn't interfere with her keeping an eye on Yugi and Bakura. 

Some days ago, she concluded that the thief was Bakura and Yugi was the host for the Puzzle or Pendant. Whichever sounds best to her. She would've reported it to the higher-ups and had them retrieve the ring but for some reason, things went haywire. One time she had sent a letter to them but the mail department burned to flames. Investigators concluded it was because an oil truck crashed nearby and exploded the place. No one was injured badly and it was concluded that the brakes were jammed. Another time she emailed them but the emails kept denying the request to send the emails. She had tried using the school's computer but same results even if she used the flash drive. 

Even their calls weren't going through. The line was always busy. If the higher-ups were as high as they said they were, they must have a backup plan. Rani thought. She was going to have to follow her aunt's advice and trust them.

The higher-ups are a group of people which includes the best tacticians, fighters, and lifesavers of all kind in the Aziz Family. They work in secret, making sure that the world is safe and that the people live without worry from patients at the hospital to regular civilians. The boss behind them is unknown however, it's said that he was once a Swordsman of the Family. Because of them, the overall crime rate has decreased massively. They don't usually interfere with others unless needed to so there hasn't been any suspicious activity at all. Though Rani sometimes wonders why not include the Swordsman as one of them.

Rani hopes that they know about the ring without her needing to say anything.

Right now she needed to keep an eye on Bakura. The boy was just sitting peacefully in front of the class like he always does. Times like this make her wonder if the spirit of the ring has revealed itself. 

She also made sure that Yugi was on her radar. Just in case Bakura decides to make his move. 

Yugi and his friend Joey were playing Duel Monsters while Tristian and Tea watched on. (Pretty sure everyone here knows about Duels monsters so I wouldn't explain it)

Yugi won against Joey for the third time again resulting in Joey being disappointed in his deck. "He probably has a deck without the spells and trap cards," Rani commented. Rani had a deck with her but barely partake in the duels. Before she was even in this position, she would duel in small tournaments in the US until she moved here.

She noticed her boss, Seto Kaiba gained interest in the group's conversation. Seto Kaiba is known as the youngest CEO of the Duel Monsters gaming-oriented company, KaibaCorp which focuses on holographic technology used for the card game allowing the cards to be brought to life. As he was gaining attention in the market, it's no surprise that he hired AP (Advanced Protection) services from the legendary Aziz Family which provided him and his company high-tech security protection for data and personal bodyguards as well as a personal investigating team which would be available if any foul play in his company had been detected.

Kaiba was also known for being snobby and a bit self-centered and tends to be focused on business. So why would he take an interest in a group of students talking about a card game?

.

.

.

"Mr. Kaiba, we're here." The driver pulled up near a game shop. It was small with yellow walls and a green sign on top.  Rani didn't bother questioning it as it wasn't her business to be nosy. However, it was tempting.

She stood behind Kaiba as he practically slammed open the door, briefcase in hand. 

"Kaiba?"

"What could the successor of Kaiba Corporation want with us?" Tristian asked.

"Rani? What are you doing here?"

Rani's attention fell on the multicolored hair boy, giving him a small smile of assurance. "Working." 

"Wait. You're into duel monsters too?" Joey walked up. 

"Please, you wouldn't two minutes in a duel with me. I'm skilled enough to have won the Duel Monsters National Championships. In other words, we're completely different levels."

Although Kaiba was known to be determined and a bit selfish Rani thought he wasn't the type to be aggressive or forceful. That changed when he shoved Yugi away from the counter onto Joey and rushed to the card.

It was a Blue-Eyes White Dragon card in all its glory in a small case made for it. Of course, it's blue eyes. It was like his mascot for his life.

Determined to get the card by any means, Kaiba opened his briefcase on the table to reveal about a hundred rare cards however, the shop owner still denied his offer. Kaiba then left with his teeth gritting together while Rani followed him out the door.

.

.

.